• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Chelmsford City 0-1 Southend United, pre-season friendly

the same Kev Maher that saved us from relegation, the same Kev that had us in the play offs last season (if not for the -10 points), the same Kev Maher that had to use a squad of 13 players for god knows how many games, the same Kev Maher who manged wins against Oldham 4-0, Solihull 5-0 and 3-0, Chesterfield at home 2-1, Aldershot 4-1 the list goes on. Any other manager would have walked away but Kev, Darren Currie, Mark Bentley stuck by the club, the fans and players through extreme circumstances. Ive agreed that we need to sign more players and most certainly in attacking arears. But to suggest Kev is negative and maybe should suggest he leaves is bonkers. The guy deserves a knighthood for what he has done for this club. This season will be a big one as there wont be any excuses this season and no off field distractions. But he absolutely deserves the chance to be the man to lead us hopefully to promotion surely you think thats fair?
seriously? embargo, uncertainty over the take over, training pitches not ready, training ground not ready etc. etc.
if all goes well NEXT season there will be no excuses, but Ron Martin has already given us a large hill to climb this season. any other time you'd say a mountain, but after last season it's nothing.

Every team has their fans. We have Wiggy. Glad never met in real life; probably would end in an argument with his opinions.

Sadly, we (general society) seem to be losing the ability to discuss things & accept that there are opposing points of view.

I for one am glad that there are differing opinions - it would be rather dull if we all thought the same.

Right - I'm off to find someone to have an argument with ............

Sadly, we (general society) seem to be losing the ability to discuss things & accept that there are opposing points of view.

I for one am glad that there are differing opinions - it would be rather dull if we all thought the same.

Wiggy , Rattus is looking for you , Shrimpet can you give Rattus a ride to Wiggys place .

every team has there fans we have wiggy glad never met in real life probably would end in an argument with his opinions .
He sits up and around near me, has a different seat most games, probably to get the best position to moan from. No idea why he comes to games to be honest, the negativity would eat me up.
I just ignore him, like I do on here, can't have that much negativity in my life

He sits up and around near me, has a different seat most games, probably to get the best position to moan from. No idea why he comes to games to be honest, the negativity would eat me up.
I just ignore him, like I do on here, can't have that much negativity in my life
Yes, you are normally poking your nose in to my phone , even know what i'm reading, strange habit?

@Rattus Norvegicus Would that be the five minute argument or the full half hour?

I know it's been a few days since this game, but how did Ruff look? I know it's hard on one showing in preseason, but I just wondered as I know many on here suggested we looked at him.

he played ok but nothing special. We were interested in him but he doesnt want to be a full time pro so no point in thinking about him now
Thanks Jon. Wasn't it Max Kretzschmar who wanted the same? I think we were after him before he went to Wealdstone. I think it was mentioned he earned too much with his other exploits away from football to be able to give it up and go full time. It's a big sticking point at this level unless you're paying a FGR's wage, which is folly at this level.

I thought at one time we were looking at Jack Cook a decent defender at Wealdstone, but he was staying part time as he had a very well paid job at Nike.

Back