• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Canvey Island 1 - 2 Southend United, Tuesday 16th July, pre-season friendly

Before the football is kick in anger against york It would be goos for kevin to boldter his squad Yes we have lost two And replaced them with two .Buit i feel the squad is still a little light .2 OR 3 more would be nice As well as another m keeper .

Before the football is kick in anger against york It would be goos for kevin to boldter his squad Yes we have lost two And replaced them with two .Buit i feel the squad is still a little light .2 OR 3 more would be nice As well as another m keeper .
We’ve lost more than 2, you can add Sandat, Dackers, Martin and the centre half on loan (name escapes me) to that list, so that’s 6 in total from the end of last season

Can’t agree with this. When played there last season Ralph did well. As for pace I’d say he is quicker than Bridge and add to that Ralph crosses early rather than try to beat the man 4 times.
Exactly we already know Ralph is perfectly good in the LWB position so one friendly isn’t going to change anything. And now we have another left footed LCB then not sure whether a new RWB can play on the left is of any real consequence (certainly compared to the ability to play on the right!). BTW Demi is a third player who is perfectly serviceable at LWB

Really wasn't impressed with the trialist last night, Zuriel Otseh-Taiwo. Maybe quick going forward (though didn't offer anything special), but his positional sense was really lacking and he got caught lost several times by the opposition, which worryingly, are far less competent than our National League competitors. I guess he'll get more chances but massively needs to step up to impress.

On the other hand, thought our link up play was very good, particularly between Coker and Gussy on the right. Walker seems to make some very good runs and wants the ball, and Gubbins slotted straight in, looking sharp in a back 3.

As for the youngsters, appears a lot of talent there and some with real potential. Pick of the bunch for me, Beau obviously has appeared before and is technically very good, Mikey Faulkner looks to have a bit about him, and the most impressive for me was a lad on the left side at the back 3, Olu Shobowale. Very commanding, physical and a good speaker.

Then jumped on the court bandwagon keeping us under embargo? 🤔.

Bottom line, blame rm for both.
That they did - but without the cash put in we wouldn't even have a club for the WUP to be started! They also didn't start the WUP, but joined it, which I think is a relatively logical decision as the last thing you want is other creditors getting paid before you - it was surprising more creditors didn't join!

But yes RM to blame all round.

Back