• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BT20 Leagues

Medium pacers best, fast worse for me. I've used a dusty track at home for a long, long time, and have since ditched the quicks for two medium pacers being trained.

My attack is 2 FM, 1 M and 2 spinners currently, and it works well on most tracks and is why I'm doing so well in my opinion.

On a TIE, I bowled my oppo out for 78 and i managed to lose Cook, Waterhouse and Bayliss in the process but Sookram saw the team home with just 8 overs gone.

The next 2 games are probably going to be the hardest of the group and i'll be looking to win them both.

Just £30,000 through the coffers! Eeeeek!

Having had my opponents at 10-4 and 66-8 they somehow made 111. No problem chasing though. Am impressed there was no jet lag issues from flying out to Aus in 10 hours to get the game played!

Baseball Without Fun v BATTY SHRIMPERS

We can tell you that BATTY SHRIMPERS won the toss and elected to field. The pitch is looking a touch on the green side. All the seam bowlers have been out there rubbing their hands on this sunny day.

Total reserve side out against a BOT.

BATTY SHRIMPERS won the toss and elected to field.
Pitch: Green

End of Over 8: 36-3, runrate=4.50
Burns 1-0-5-1
Scarborough* 5 (2 balls)
Conn 8 (12 balls)

Last Wicket: Wanless c. Raziuddin b. Burns 12 (FOW: 31/3)

My II's struggling to knock them over.

All out at last, although they got 30 more than they should have. We should knock them off without too many probs though.

The players are off the field for the break between innings.

End of Over 20: 84-10, runrate=4.20
Prasad 3-1-10-3
Harper* 1 (1 balls)

great work from Ramage... but could someone not have acted a little sooner!!

End of Over 20: 151-10, runrate=7.55
Ramage 4-0-41-4
Schalk* 8 (8 balls)

19.6 W Ramage to Glazier
Sweep shot, top edged and deflected off the shoulder, straight up into the air. A level-headed Fray completes a simple catch and sends Glazier on his way back to the pavilion.
19.5 W Ramage to Stewart
Ramage gets one to turn extravagantly away from the lunging Stewart and Fray whips off the bails. Stewart is out by a few inches. Lovely flight from Ramage, neat work from Fray.
19.4 W Ramage to Ireland
Ireland is arguing that he was far enough forward to that one. Umpire's not having any of it, though. On your way.
19.3 W Ramage to Ayre
Fray has taken a blinder. Simply brilliant work behind the stumps.
19.2 . Ramage to Ayre

And that's the end of the match. BATTY SHRIMPERS won by 10 wickets.
Baseball Without Fun 84-10
BATTY SHRIMPERS 85-0

2 out of 2.

Made 213-3. Granville scored 63 off 30 balls, including six 6s to take him up to 10 of them in two games.

They were all out for 99. Tonight will be the rest game, and so everyone has 2 fitness updates before the big one on Friday.

Having thrown my first two games with joke lineups I find myself bottom of the group. Though I'm in V I should be strong enough to clear bottom 4. Have a tough but winnable game today against someone with a reasonable batting line up but average bowling. Still need to rest a few but all rounder plays bat only and star seamer makes an appearance.

Should be another easy win today.

BATTY SHRIMPERS v Sweden CC

We can tell you that BATTY SHRIMPERS won the toss and elected to field. The pitch is looking a touch on the green side. All the seam bowlers have been out there rubbing their hands on this sunny day.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Toughish game for Mrs BB, but she should win.

DIBS DIPPERS v Aspley Guise CC

We can tell you that Aspley Guise CC won the toss and elected to bat. The pitch is looking quite cracked! A field day for the seam bowlers I would reckon on this sunny day.

I panicked for a moment:

0.5 W Schofield to Marriott
That's a high ball and... caught! Beautifully judged catch there. The breeze caused the ball to swirl but he's taken it cleanly.

Then I remembered I have a Schofield, phew!

End of Over 2: 6-4, runrate=3.00
Shearer 1-0-3-2
Serrant* 3 (1 balls)
Carstens 0 (4 balls)

Last Wicket: Van dyk c. Martin b. Shearer 0 (FOW: 3/4)

Not quite going to plan so far.......

BATTY SHRIMPERS v Sweden CC

End of Over 8: 54-2, runrate=6.75
Burns 1-0-10-0
Thandiwe* 5 (7 balls)
Murphy 29 (20 balls)

Last Wicket: Le Tissier c. Raziuddin b. Prasad 19 (FOW: 35/2)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Superb opening burst from Mohammed has put Mrs BB in a very good position.

DIBS DIPPERS v Aspley Guise CC

Aspley Guise CC won the toss and elected to bat.

End of Over 7: 38-7, runrate=5.43
York 2-1-7-2
Howell* 26 (17 balls)
Littlefair 0 (1 balls)

Last Wicket: Westrop lbw b. York 0 (FOW: 38/7)

Lost yesterday and will probably lose today. Lol.

End of Over 13: 83-4, runrate=6.38
Raven 3-0-21-0
Naykutse* 30 (27 balls)
Rhodes 10 (16 balls)

Last Wicket: Shafqatullah b. Cook 6 (FOW: 57/4)

Back