• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brexit negotiations thread

Yippee, that Brandon Lewis has got it spot on. I'm so overjoyed at getting our passports blue again, I completely forgot to ask him what he was going to do about the homeless people sleeping in the old M and S shop doorway 150 yards away from his constituency office.
Oh well, never mind, at least we're taking back control.
Don't worry i'm sure their get a blue one to.:thumbsup:

Yippee, that Brandon Lewis has got it spot on. I'm so overjoyed at getting our passports blue again, I completely forgot to ask him what he was going to do about the homeless people sleeping in the old M and S shop doorway 150 yards away from his constituency office.
Oh well, never mind, at least we're taking back control.

Not if you believe what you read in The Guardian.:winking:

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...orts-could-mean-travel-delays-extra-paperwork

:hilarious::hilarious: Yet another page of the same ol sarcasm and whining.

Move on :winking:

No, nobody to move on please. I pop in here for an occasional laugh at this echo chamber.

It's a full eighteen months after the referendum, some of these bedwetters are still talking about the bus and now they're getting their knickers in a twist about the colour of the passport.

Brexit truly is the gift that keeps on giving.

No, nobody to move on please. I pop in here for an occasional laugh at this echo chamber.

It's a full eighteen months after the referendum, some of these bedwetters are still talking about the bus and now they're getting their knickers in a twist about the colour of the passport.

Brexit truly is the gift that keeps on giving.

Not us who are bothered about the colour of a passport. Brexit is the gift that's going keep taking and taking and taking.

No, only a non-binding resolution from 1981 recommending the colour burgundy. The fact we chose to go with the quid pro quo in order to fit in and not upset the apple cart is neither here nor there. The point is we are now choosing to change back to the pre EU 1988 colour.

It's a simple Brexit statement more than anything, but you are of course intelligent enough to know that aren't you. The fact you use it as a cheap whine shows that in fact perhaps you're not.

And don't even start on the much banded about supposed £500m that it will cost. There is already, and always has been a £490m government fund set up to finance any redesign and roll out of the UK passport, which happens roughly every five years and was due for an overhaul in 2018 anyway. This design review has now been put on hold until after we leave to incorporate the new colour and this extra change will not cost the tax payer an extra penny.

Move on :smiles:

Last edited:
No, only a non-binding resolution from 1981 recommending the colour burgundy. The fact we chose to go with the quid pro quo in order to fit in and not upset the apple cart is neither here nor there. The point is we are now choosing to change back to the pre EU 1988 colour.

It's a simple Brexit statement more than anything, but you are of course intelligent enough to know that aren't you. The fact you use it as a cheap whine shows that in fact perhaps you're not.

And don't even start on the much banded about supposed £500m that it will cost. There is already, and always has been a £490m government fund set up to finance any redesign and roll out of the UK passport, which happens roughly every five years and was due for an overhaul in 2018 anyway. This design review has now been put on hold until after we leave to incorporate the new colour and this extra change will not cost the tax payer an extra penny.

It's laughable that pro-Brexiters think it's the anti Brexit camp that care about this. It's us pointing out the tokenism to the rose-tinted brigade by May & co that it's just a sheen where underneath it's an absolute cluster****.

And there's me thinking your we're intelligent enough to realise that, but obviously not as you've been conned by millionaires & billionaires into thinking the whole Brexit deal is a good idea and we'll be waving Union Jacks, be able to eat Blackjacks and live like it's the 1950s all over again.

It's laughable that pro-Brexiters think it's the anti Brexit camp that care about this. It's us pointing out the tokenism to the rose-tinted brigade by May & co that it's just a sheen where underneath it's an absolute cluster****.

And there's me thinking your we're intelligent enough to realise that, but obviously not as you've been conned by millionaires & billionaires into thinking the whole Brexit deal is a good idea and we'll be waving Union Jacks, be able to eat Blackjacks and live like it's the 1950s all over again.

1. That's exactly what it is. A statement, tokenism, call it what you will. That's all. No big deal.

2. I realise that you're nose has been well and truly bloodied but seriously MK, get over it. I'm intelligent enough to have done my pre vote research and made and intelligent decision based on what I believe to be in the long term good of the country.

3. You're quip about flag waving, Blackjacks and returning to the 1950's is both patronising and insulting to all Brexiters and makes you look quite silly really but does perhaps say a lot about why the Remoaners lost the vote in the first place.

I'm a St George flag and fruit salads man myself.:smiles:

1. That's exactly what it is. A statement, tokenism, call it what you will. That's all. No big deal.

2. I realise that you're nose has been well and truly bloodied but seriously MK, get over it. I'm intelligent enough to have done my pre vote research and made and intelligent decision based on what I believe to be in the long term good of the country.

3. You're quip about flag waving, Blackjacks and returning to the 1950's is both patronising and insulting to all Brexiters and makes you look quite silly really but does perhaps say a lot about why the Remoaners lost the vote in the first place.

No, we lost the vote because the career politicians that you have sided with blatantly lied to the population of this country. Dress it up in any fancy way you like but you know that's the truth.

There is nothing you, or anyone else can say to make me change my mind that this has been one of the most ignorant, ill-informed decisions this country has ever made.

No, we lost the vote because the career politicians that you have sided with blatantly lied to the population of this country. Dress it up in any fancy way you like but you know that's the truth.

There is nothing you, or anyone else can say to make me change my mind that this has been one of the most ignorant, ill-informed decisions this country has ever made.

You lost because the EU is so badly run it does nothing for 90% of the British population.

The fact that you think Billionaires and politicians want brexit went in fact its the complete opposite......Shows who really is ignorant and ill-informed.

Seem to remember reading somewhere, that the new blue passport might well be produced abroad.Now that would be funny.:hilarious:

Voting in Tony Blair surpasses that by a country mile,he is quiet mad you know.

Seem to remember reading somewhere, that the new blue passport might well be produced abroad.Now that would be funny.:hilarious:

Three companies in the running for the 2019 - 10 year contract and one of those is British (De La Rue) and with the Home Office the sole arbiter and decider on who get's that contract I'll take a £50.00 bet with you now (winning pays to SZ) that it won't be a non British company that gets it.

And that's part of the problem with your ilk. In 10 years time we could have had a decade of sustainable growth with increased overseas investment year on year and with our collective export market to companies around the world up 10% or more and you'd STILL find something to bleat and whine about how wrong it all was.

Get a grip man.

Voting in Tony Blair surpasses that by a country mile,he is quiet mad you know.

Think you'll find that, when the UK history books of the future get written, Cameron's decision to hold a referendum on the EU will be ranked a much bigger mistake than anything Tony Blair did,including taking the UK into a needless war with Iraq.

How is that civil war going in your country?

There is no civil war in Spain.End of.

Last edited:
Three companies in the running for the 2019 - 10 year contract and one of those is British (De La Rue) and with the Home Office the sole arbiter and decider on who get's that contract I'll take a £50.00 bet with you now (winning pays to SZ) that it won't be a non British company that gets it.

I'll bet you £50 it goes to the cheapest bidder, regardless of where they come from (probably a tax haven).

Back