• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hang on there...He has played very well tonight, but what about the first half of the season. Much like you can't totally slate a keeper for one bad game, you also can't view that keeper as the best in the world for one good game. Smith his a keeper and his job is to makes saves, command his area etc So tonight he has done his job well.

Quite right. no evidence yet that he walked on water tonight.

Shrimperzone Tweet said:
Brentford just gave Smith joint MOM! Anyone ever hear of that happening before #SZone

.......:headbang: .:thump:

Got a feeling the ratings thread will be dominated by the Smith debate. So let me some it up.

Pros:
- Great game tonight.
- Showed what he is capable of.
- Can save a penalty.

Cons (usual stuff that is constantly brought up):
- He stays on his line.
- His communication is poor
- He is arrogant/has no personality/doesn't interact with the fans enough

.......:headbang: .:thump:

Thing is many of us think that he has done well this season, unfortunately there is a minority who feel the need to cane the guy. Tonight he showed what a good keeper he is. I would be questioning the defence in front of him as much. Well done smithy and good luck Saturday.

Got a feeling the ratings thread will be dominated by the Smith debate. So let me some it up.

Pros:
- Great game tonight.
- Showed what he is capable of.
- Can save a penalty.

Cons (usual stuff that is constantly brought up):
- He stays on his line.
- His communication is poor
- He is arrogant/has no personality/doesn't interact with the fans enough

I couldn't care less about his personality or interaction with the fans. I just want him to keep the ball out of the net. Well played tonight Smithy.

just on vitalfootball.co.uk and loads of notts forest fans commenting on how utter **** smith was yet how he was a good shot stopper. one even talked about how he got subbed off last week against oxford.

[/B]

I couldn't care less about his personality or interaction with the fans. I just want him to keep the ball out of the net. Well played tonight Smithy.

Neither do I, but for some reason that seems to be the first thing people comment about when they start a "Smith is rubbish" post.

A MOM performance from Smith by all accounts. Let's hope his detractors are big enough to recognise that, even if their overall opinion is unchanged.

Well done, Smudge, well done. :thumbsup:

Drastic™;1475662 said:
A MOM performance from Smith by all accounts. Let's hope his detractors are big enough to recognise that, even if their overall opinion is unchanged.

Well done, Smudge, well done. :thumbsup:

He had a blinder tonight, no doubt about that and MOM is very much deserved. I want this Smith every game please.

I'd say the chance of achieving one of them is very slim IMHO. Hope I'm wrong though.

I'd say our best hope of success is getting out of this division, subject to injuries, new additions to the squad etc.
Lets face it, we are the underdogs to reach Wembley, Orient are a division higher and mid table, so they will be favourites to progress. (I hav'nt forgot Colchester in 2004, same scenario). And if we get to Wembley, we will still be underdogs against Crewe/Coventry or Preston.
If all that comes off and we win whatever the cup is called these days, all well and good. Personally i'd sacrifice a day out at Wembley, to see us promoted instead. Your comments...?

For a start Preston are out. Secondly my footballing dream is to see Southend at wembley. However, seeing how well orient are doing again against hull tonight they are going to be clear favourites. League wise, unless we can get reinforcements and fast we are going to struggle. Problem is the £300k plus we gave just missed out on is going to hit us hard. Should have done the job at roots hall.

Back