• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I predict that there will be some improvements on the Aldershot ratings. Big up to the guys who made the journey.

We only won away three times in the league last season. Only one of those was by a two goal margin. Bradford were one of the pre-season favourites for promotion, please let this be a good sign!!

1st game of the season so don't know all the names yet. Morris looks solid. Number 6, our best defender. Easton looked good and ran the show with MOTM Grant. Corr looked good up front and Hall put in some decent dead balls.

Paul Sturrock 10.
To get a win at Bradford after a hard thought night at Wovles on tuesday is a credit to Paul and backroom staff.
Lets hope the break the team has had this week had made the team gel even quicker.

Great win for the boys and nice to see we have a team forming rather than squad. There is no place for prima donas in this side. All for one and one for all.

Cant wait for gillingham tuesday and torquay saturday .

Sturrock says he will be playing the same team against gillingham tuesday as he wants to win every game. I like that attitude.

Incidentally to the col u fan laughing up our attendances , i see you had a massive 4,400 at home tonight for a game in which you could have gone top of the league.

You will always be **** poor regardless of how much your hammers chairman pumps in.

UTB

Just seen the goals on SSN . Both were great finishes and grants was a daisy cutter the fizzed into the bottom corner.

Incidentally to the col u fan laughing up our attendances , i see you had a massive 4,400 at home tonight for a game in which you could have gone top of the league.

You will always be **** poor regardless of how much your hammers chairman pumps in.

UTB

You legend. What a great result. Looks like our performances in the League Cup are finally starting to shine through into the league.
I would watch the goals on SSN, but because of the recent travesty of it being taken off Freeview, I shall be waiting until they come onto the BBC.

Can't wait for the Gills, Torquay and then Northampton away, hopefully get a large crowd up there for that!

Fantastic result and the performance sounded great on the radio.

Saw the goals on SSN - neat finishes for both as described by Tommy2H.

They showed the sending off too (well the second yellow card), thought he was unlucky - it was one of those where the players crossed paths as the winger was breaking away and the trip looked accidental. We also had a player goal side about to close down the winger. Many refs would have given a player already booked a final warning I think.

They showed the sending off too (well the second yellow card), thought he was unlucky - it was one of those where the players crossed paths as the winger was breaking away and the trip looked accidental. We also had a player goal side about to close down the winger. Many refs would have given a player already booked a final warning I think.

I thought that too, just one of those where the defender just accidently clips the heels of the forward as he runs in front of him. Although it looked a bit like a Bradford break, it was just over the half way line near the touchline. I think it was really really harsh, but Sturrock says he only misses the JPT game, so not hard done by.

You legend. What a great result. Looks like our performances in the League Cup are finally starting to shine through into the league.
I would watch the goals on SSN, but because of the recent travesty of it being taken off Freeview, I shall be waiting until they come onto the BBC.

Can't wait for the Gills, Torquay and then Northampton away, hopefully get a large crowd up there for that!

Welcome to the Zone and thanks for your contribution.

Just got through the door!

Wow, what a match. Superb performance and a well deserved win. It was the first time I'd seen the 'new' team and they were very impressive. However on the flip side I thought Bradford were very poor.

Ratings:

Morris - 7, Didn't have too much to do, was generally comfortable in the air. Looks a reasonable League 2 keeper.

Clohessy - 5, I thought he looked pretty solid, and was happy to support in attack, however the yellow cards were silly and the ref had little option but to send him off

Barker - 7, I thought he looked a solid defender. I wouldn't have know he was a full-back by trade. Seemed happy to left Moshni step up and get tight and he was generally in the right place at the right time.

Moshni - 8, Very impressive. Arguably our best defender and attacker. He'll be a very very good player in a couple of years, we have to enjoy him while we can!! Fantastic

Gilbert - 7.5, Quietly impressive,very good distribution.

Simpson - 6.5, Thought he ran well and gave their LB a torrid time (I think he got subbed at half time!). Had a quiet 2nd half and shifted to RB after Clohessy got sent off.

Grant - 9. MOTM. Grant at his absolute best, he got better through the game. Bradford couldn't get within 5 yards of him and resorted to hacking him down. Took his goal really well.

Easton - 8. Ran the show in the middle of the park with Granty

Hall - 6.5. Thought he was fairly quiet, and Lewis Hunt did a reasonable job marking him. His FK's are dangerous.

Sturrock - 6. Not too sure what he added to the front line to be honest, he won little in the air and contributed little in the build up play. He played quite deep and left Corr a bit isolated.

Corr - 8. Wins headers that he doesn't really have a right to win, and ran the channels well. Shanked his goal a bit but I thought he was excellent tonight.

Sturrock - 10. Got the players fired up and has obviously got them working hard in training as they look fit and sharp and they really played as a team. The midfield especially linked up well and moved the ball around with purpose, the defending was organised.

Fans - 10. Loved it, about 250 made trip up and were in good voice.

Also saw the goals on SSN, both really good goals. Corr took a lovely first touch, and then stayed very calm and composed to bury it via the inside of the post for the first, and Granty did well the keep the 2nd down as he hit it first time from outside the box! Agree with others about the sending off, there was no intention at all from Clohessy, just a slight tangle of legs as the Bradford player ran in front of him

Really looking forward to Gills and Torquay now, UTB ;)

Also saw the goals on SSN, both really good goals. Corr took a lovely first touch, and then stayed very calm and composed to bury it via the inside of the post for the first, and Granty did well the keep the 2nd down as he hit it first time from outside the box! Agree with others about the sending off, there was no intention at all from Clohessy, just a slight tangle of legs as the Bradford player ran in front of him

Really looking forward to Gills and Torquay now, UTB ;)

both the sending off and the Corr goal were far away from us. Clohessy had got a little 'hot headed' and so when we saw the foul it looked a bit naughty. Yeah Granty's goal was a peach. Corr's goal looked like he sliced it when he had the whole goal to aim at!!

We could easily have been 3-0 up at half time, Moshni missed a couple of great chances.

Back