• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Blues boss Maher stresses need for new signings

The problem with all these echo stories is that without subscribing we can’t see them. Sometimes people are helpful in copying them out but I appreciate that that means newspapers aren’t funded and will kill off journalism. However many of us don’t live in Southend (anymore) and so a subscription is not vfm. I wonder if they should consider a cheaper subscription with just access to SUFC stories?

The problem with all these echo stories is that without subscribing we can’t see them. Sometimes people are helpful in copying them out but I appreciate that that means newspapers aren’t funded and will kill off journalism. However many of us don’t live in Southend (anymore) and so a subscription is not vfm. I wonder if they should consider a cheaper subscription with just access to SUFC stories?
https://12ft.io/ give that a try!

At the bottom of every Echo post there is a strap line from ShrimperZone offering ways of reading the article without ads.

They do not work anymore
I use Chrome, and I agree, having just tried it, the Incognito route doesn't appear to solve the ads issue any more. I tried the cookie clean-up route next and that then gave me access to the article, so presumably I've started my trial with the Echo again.

I use Chrome, and I agree, having just tried it, the Incognito route doesn't appear to solve the ads issue any more. I tried the cookie clean-up route next and that then gave me access to the article, so presumably I've started my trial with the Echo again.
I pay a goodly sum for daily hard copy Echos, so feel very reluctant to pay extra for this online service as well.

I was actually happy to pay for it but they can **** right off if they want to scrape my data when I’m paying for it.

I get that if something is free you are the product but no thank you to paying to be the product.

I pay a goodly sum for daily hard copy Echos, so feel very reluctant to pay extra for this online service as well.
I have the Echo delivered on a daily basis too. No adverts that way, but often stuff on here is way ahead of the hard copy.

Also cant read the article without subscribing.

In my mind, this is a forum for discussing all things Southend United, it is free of charge, other than voluntary payments to the Zone.

It seems the echo is posting here with the view of gaining subscriptions.
I my mind, if the echo wants to post headlines on this forum, then we as Zener's should be able to read the headlines without hindrance of subscription.

Also cant read the article without subscribing.

In my mind, this is a forum for discussing all things Southend United, it is free of charge, other than voluntary payments to the Zone.

It seems the echo is posting here with the view of gaining subscriptions.
I my mind, if the echo wants to post headlines on this forum, then we as Zener's should be able to read the headlines without hindrance of subscription.
The Echo aren't posting the headlines technically. This is a RSS feed that has been set up by SZ and it auto-posts any new SUFC stories from the Echo.

Back