• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Blair being on the pitch did not make the rest of the players play like poo. Why single him out? The team did not produce and I would hazard a guess that whoever we played up front instead of Blair would have been no more successful in a side devoid of nous.

Blair being on the pitch did not make the rest of the players play like poo. Why single him out? The team did not produce and I would hazard a guess that whoever we played up front instead of Blair would have been no more successful in a side devoid of nous.

Exactly right, but as usual Blair is an easy target for people to lay the blame on.

So the team was pants, okay then, Blair was picked by his father.....go figure

If they play as a team why do we rate them after a game individually...aren't we then saying whom had a good game & whom didn't...?

So the team was pants, okay then, Blair was picked by his father.....go figure

If they play as a team why do we rate them after a game individually...aren't we then saying whom had a good game & whom didn't...?

Trouble is, all players will get a fair vote except Blair because of peoples biased opinions.

Well I for one hope he improves & if the team need's too; I hope they do too lol!

Somehow I think things won't just yet, until people realise they need not hide behind being pc about players/teams & just say it as it trully is.............

No scapegoat really but a more informed oversight of the circumstances of a player with a lengthy out of form record etc.......

Blair dont deserve the witchhunt he played last night and all be it is not the goal threat we need he worked hard, held the ball up well and never stopped running. Personally I think flood should of played as again I am sure he wants to prove his worth to the club and to the fans.

Dont understand the witchhunt this season he hasnt hardly played!!! His the managers son so what get over it not like he is picked week week out is it???

If there is any player to criticise lately I would have to say it should either be Gilbert, Barker or after the last 2 games Timlin (but to be fair he isnt a left winger so not his fault)

Make's me laugh that anybody thinks it's a witch hunt! Other players may need another thread?

He has consistently played below par & if our manager were to change; then I doubt he would get a game afterwards.....

Make's me laugh that anybody thinks it's a witch hunt! Other players may need another thread?

He has consistently played below par & if our manager were to change; then I doubt he would get a game afterwards.....
I doubt that. Tuesday night he had a very good game. No one fails to relise how well and what he does on the pitch. Fed up off people getting on his back all of the time, It does nothing only makes it worse! Always the first argument is that he is only playing because his dad is the manager. If you are saying this then i would take another look and actully watch him play then sit there and moan the whole time

I doubt that. Tuesday night he had a very good game.

No, he didn't. None of the players had "a very good game" and certainly not Blair Sturrock. As for decrying the suggestion that he is only playing because his dad is the manager, that is clearly the case. None of the other League managers would give him time of day and the best he could manage when his dad was out of work was Truro City.

I doubt that. Tuesday night he had a very good game. No one fails to relise how well and what he does on the pitch. Fed up off people getting on his back all of the time, It does nothing only makes it worse! Always the first argument is that he is only playing because his dad is the manager. If you are saying this then i would take another look and actully watch him play then sit there and moan the whole time

This is a joke, it's impossible to say Blair has had anything than an good to amazing game on this site without being accused of anti blair, or instigating a witch hunt. This is always the first argument against anyone who dares give Blair less than 9/10 for controlling the ball and passing it 5 yards.

He has a couple of decent touches, makes a few passes and this seems enough to say he had a 'very good game'. I'm sorry, he (and anyone else in a Blue shirt) has to do MUCH more than that to have a very good game. Players who have very good games, change the course of the game, albeit in attacking, creating or defending. He did none, he was a passenger that infrequently received the ball, and seldom used it to any decent effect other than a few passes, and occasinally holding up of the ball, he was bullied off the ball rather too easily (as was Benyon) by the centre halves. This has nothing to do with who he is, or whether you are anti Blair or not. This is based on c.70 minutes of very average football - note, not bad football. He was by no means the worst player on the night, but a very good game, no.

You accuse people of being anti Blair, and creating a witch hunt, well perhaps you (and others) should stop putting him on an unrealistic pedestal every time he plays, making him out to be far better than he is. He is very average for this level and plays an average game of football most of the time, it's not anti Blair or a witch hunt to say something is what it is.

This is a joke, it's impossible to say Blair has had anything than an good to amazing game on this site without being accused of anti blair, or instigating a witch hunt. This is always the first argument against anyone who dares give Blair less than 9/10 for controlling the ball and passing it 5 yards.

He has a couple of decent touches, makes a few passes and this seems enough to say he had a 'very good game'. I'm sorry, he (and anyone else in a Blue shirt) has to do MUCH more than that to have a very good game. Players who have very good games, change the course of the game, albeit in attacking, creating or defending. He did none, he was a passenger that infrequently received the ball, and seldom used it to any decent effect other than a few passes, and occasinally holding up of the ball, he was bullied off the ball rather too easily (as was Benyon) by the centre halves. This has nothing to do with who he is, or whether you are anti Blair or not. This is based on c.70 minutes of very average football - note, not bad football. He was by no means the worst player on the night, but a very good game, no.

You accuse people of being anti Blair, and creating a witch hunt, well perhaps you (and others) should stop putting him on an unrealistic pedestal every time he plays, making him out to be far better than he is. He is very average for this level and plays an average game of football most of the time, it's not anti Blair or a witch hunt to say something is what it is.
Yes know what you are saying. But he held up the ball well and moved the ball along creating chances for Clohessy and Hall to get it into the box, well in the first half. Everyone targets him straight away because he is the sons manager. But there are other players in this squad who have been terrible the past month and no one has said a word. Chris Barker, Peter Gilbert (but is dropped now thankfully) and Michael Timlin the last few games

He is very average for this level and plays an average game of football most of the time, it's not anti Blair or a witch hunt to say something is what it is.
Surely this is more or less the point, Blair is an average player who plays average football most of the time. That doesn't mean he is poor, doesn't mean he is good and certainly doesn't mean he's warranted an 8 page thread describing him as one or the other.

No, he didn't. None of the players had "a very good game" and certainly not Blair Sturrock. As for decrying the suggestion that he is only playing because his dad is the manager, that is clearly the case. None of the other League managers would give him time of day and the best he could manage when his dad was out of work was Truro City.

The Truro stuff is slightly harsh. Didn't he sign non-contract terms down there as it was near to his home in Plymouth? Similar to how Dailly has signed such terms with us because he lives in the area and isn't keen on a long commute if it isn't an amazing career opportunity. He'd been playing in the Conference before then so yeah he was below our level but not by much.

Totally agree with Mick here.....he cannot even go out on loan lol

If you doubt this; then shall we wait till PS leaves the club & see!?!

Back