• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Depends on how Luggy want to play it, but in the past I think we've been too defensive at home. If squad rotation is the plan, then I think Blair could do a good job slotting in behind Benyon and just feeding balls through to him. He would give us an extra link between midfield and attack and provide a bit of cover in the middle. By all accounts he played well in midfield in the reserves game so his inclusion may give Luggy the extra stability in midfield needed to take a chance on Hall and Martin starting together, as well as giving us another attacking option. Now we're in the business end of the season, any player who gives us the option to change formation or style game on game is going to be useful.

He really is just a crap footballer who has been kept in employment by his dad. What he did to warant a new contract in January I dont know. If he gets a new deal in the summer, I will truly despair.

He really is just a crap footballer who has been kept in employment by his dad. What he did to warant a new contract in January I dont know. If he gets a new deal in the summer, I will truly despair.

Interesting how our best football last night, passing football with god link up play coincided with Blair being on the pitch

Interesting how our best football last night, passing football with god link up play coincided with Blair being on the pitch
Conversely our worst football was played in the second when Blair was also playing. Overall none of the football we played last night was effective as Aldershot's defence hardly broke into a sweat all evening

We produced not one decent effort on goal so Im not sure what youre saying has any credence. 7 goals in 63 games says it all.

I'm not talking about goals scored, i'm talking about the all round play last night. You brought goals into the equation to justify your slagging off of Blair because that's the only way you can discredit him. His movement and hold up play along with his passing last night made it the best football we have played in a while

Conversely our worst football was played in the second when Blair was also playing. Overall none of the football we played last night was effective as Aldershot's defence hardly broke into a sweat all evening

Is that really the case. We conceded after Blair had gone off and only after we conceded did we panic and revert to hoofball.

Brilliant, but what use is passing with no end result? Useless. Play Flood, or Sampson or anyone else. Just not Blair Sturrock.

Brilliant, but what use is passing with no end result? Useless. Play Flood, or Sampson or anyone else. Just not Blair Sturrock.

With his back to goal and laying passes onto the midfield running on, he won't have a shot at goal.

Sampson is gash and flood is an unknown quantity

Back