• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Bim Pepple signs on loan

Transfer news
I see this loan signing as more in hope, rather than a guarantee he will score goals. He's obviously got something, but up to now, no good scoring record. Lets hope that changes from now. We are going to miss about 20 goals this season from Card's, so that's big boots to fill. Unless Card's replacement hasn't arrived yet, and Pepple is another striker added to the squad and more of a Dackers type role.

To a well known Pulp song...

I wanna score like Aribim Pepple
I wanna do whatever Pepple can do
Like drink and smoke and screw.

We have had plenty of players in the past that excelled at that. But we need goals to finish in the top 7 or higher. Which of course is still very highly likely when we all clam down from the last 48 hrs of roller coaster news. The ride doesn't stop until next May so strap in and enjoy the fun and drama of being a Shrimper.

I see this loan signing as more in hope, rather than a guarantee he will score goals. He's obviously got something, but up to now, no good scoring record. Lets hope that changes from now. We are going to miss about 20 goals this season from Card's, so that's big boots to fill. Unless Card's replacement hasn't arrived yet, and Pepple is another striker added to the squad and more of a Dackers type role.
100% there will be at least a other. Don’t think we truly believe in DW currently just my hunch when we offered him the 18 month deal and nothing has changed their mind performance wise. I like him but he’s not doing it at the mo but still might. We’ve upgraded the midfield and defense before Kens issue so I trust the football department to maybe not upgrade on Cards but at least bring in someone who can. Pebble could be but he’s more likely another option.

I suspect he’s a couple of leagues below that level.
As someone with a little inside knowledge on this guy, and without wanting to implicate anyone, is this the feedback you have heard on him from the players or just what you have decided from watching him?

Neither did Cardwell when we got him

So he was born on Dec 25th. Is he our Messiah? Will Moncur kneel before him before passing? Will Bridge be tactless and find Bim with a cross? If Jesus saves should we put him in goal? So many questions

That assumes HC would not have missed some games through injury as in the past

Hi everyone from Calgary, Canada. I am the co-host of a podcast about the Calgary soccer scene and we have covered Pepple and his former club Cavalry FC. I expect we will be talking about the loan and I don't know much about your club so I thought I'd join in.

Pepple was born in England but moved to Calgary when he was very young. Grew up and played his youth soccer here. Was part of the Cavalry setup for a while as a teenager and made some substitute appearances in 2019 and 2020. Went to Spain for 2021 where he never stuck and came back to Cavalry in 2022 where he dominated - scored 6 goals in 7 matches he looked very threatening in general. His play quickly got the attention of some big clubs and Luton Town was able to make the transfer. His first two seasons with Luton were a series of loans and none of them went particularly well. I think he only scored one goal and that was in early 2024 when he was with Inverness Caledonian Thistle in Scotland.

So this will be his third season and I'm guessing that Luton is expecting to see something this year. He has the scoring touch. He's not huge but he's big enough that he won't get pushed around. His game is not based on physical and athleticism but is more technically sound.

I don't think anyone in Calgary expected for him to walk into Luton's lineup when he left but I think everyone expected him to do more in his previous loans. It's been a mystery over here and that's why I thought for this loan I'd try to connect and get some opinions from those watching regularly. And the name Shrimpers is brilliant as an added bonus.

Hi everyone from Calgary, Canada. I am the co-host of a podcast about the Calgary soccer scene and we have covered Pepple and his former club Cavalry FC. I expect we will be talking about the loan and I don't know much about your club so I thought I'd join in.

Pepple was born in England but moved to Calgary when he was very young. Grew up and played his youth soccer here. Was part of the Cavalry setup for a while as a teenager and made some substitute appearances in 2019 and 2020. Went to Spain for 2021 where he never stuck and came back to Cavalry in 2022 where he dominated - scored 6 goals in 7 matches he looked very threatening in general. His play quickly got the attention of some big clubs and Luton Town was able to make the transfer. His first two seasons with Luton were a series of loans and none of them went particularly well. I think he only scored one goal and that was in early 2024 when he was with Inverness Caledonian Thistle in Scotland.

So this will be his third season and I'm guessing that Luton is expecting to see something this year. He has the scoring touch. He's not huge but he's big enough that he won't get pushed around. His game is not based on physical and athleticism but is more technically sound.

I don't think anyone in Calgary expected for him to walk into Luton's lineup when he left but I think everyone expected him to do more in his previous loans. It's been a mystery over here and that's why I thought for this loan I'd try to connect and get some opinions from those watching regularly. And the name Shrimpers is brilliant as an added bonus.
Great to have you on here monitoring Bim - I’m sure one of us would be delighted to join your podcast after he’s played a few games to let you know how he’s getting on.

I told my immediate neighbour about our signing of Bim Pepple. Like a lot of idiots in the city, he is a Prem side supporter (Aston Villa) and slightly deaf with a dry sense of humour. He asked where we got him from and before I could answer, he said ' Veolia?'.

Back