• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Bim Pepple signs on loan

Transfer news
How is it we could not get a striker for love nor money, Cards exits and we get one within the hour ?

Could be (a) complete coincidence, (b) needs must so we've brought someone in sooner than we wanted - e.g., perhaps he wasn't first choice, but now we need 2 strikers he has become a priority

We are delighted to announce the loan signing of 21-year-old striker Aribim Pepple.

6ft 1 frontman Pepple joins on a season-long loan from Luton Town and has experience abroad in both Canada and Spain.

Born in Kettering before moving to Canada at the age of five, he played his first senior football for Canadian Premier League outfit Cavalry FC, where Pepple scored six goals in seven games in the 2022 season.

That earned him a deal with Luton Town, and while at Kenilworth Road, the forward has had loans at Grimsby Town, Bromley and Inverness Caledonian Thistle.

Upon arriving at Roots Hall, he said: “I’m excited to call somewhere my home for the season and get settled. I’ve had a couple of loans and I’m thankful for those and now I’m ready to kick on.

“My goal now is to kick on properly with [scoring] goals.”

Welcome to Roots Hall, Bim!

Pepple will wear number 19 for the Shrimpers.

Could be (a) complete coincidence, (b) needs must so we've brought someone in sooner than we wanted - e.g., perhaps he wasn't first choice, but now we need 2 strikers he has become a priority
How is it we could not get a striker for love nor money, Cards exits and we get one within the hour ?
when people are announced is not necessarily when the business gets done...

Pleased to have a body in the striking department.

Again, can’t confess to having seen him play, but the fact he has already experienced men’s football on loan is a huge plus.

I remember Stan saying about youngsters going out on loan, especially from the top flight, that it’s better to get them on their second loan spell as opposed to their first. Knows what Mens football is all about, what it means to get three points etc.

Looking forward to seeing him in action.

Back