• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Best or biggest prize ever won.

Does winning a tidy sum with Premium Bonds count?

Not really a big amount in today's world, but when you're 14 you think you've won the jackpot...!! :D

I won a signed Billy Bragg boxset.....it was second prize and some numpty before me chose a FMB (remember them? "Reality TV" indie band) signed poster.

I won tickets to see England s Greece courtesy of the Metro newspaper. Almost blew my chance when Phil Lucky phoned me up to congratulate me and i was pretty rude to the guy as i thought it was someone winding me up.

Turns out its his real name, his parents must have known he'd be handing out competition prizes for a living.

I won the following:

* £175 worth of red letter days vouchers from a mortgage lender
* £200 worth of vouchers from my employers Yorkshire Bulding Society at the time. ( I spent it on a trip to Bournemouth with Smiffy, CS J etc etc)
* Beautiful Baby contest.
* Golden Boot (Runner up) in 1982 World Cup.

DtS

I can't think of anything I've won, how depressing.

A girl at uni won £168,000 on the lottery the other day, unsuprisingly she got smashed straight away.

A girl at uni won £168,000 on the lottery the other day, unsuprisingly she got smashed straight away.

You would have thought she'd be sensible and save it to pay off her debt :D

I've won bottles of wine, Book Vouchers....nothing special.

£1,000 in the SUSCT Christmas draw a few years ago
A bottle of champagne in the Red Nose Day raffle at work

i've had £2,400 for 5 balls in the national lottery
£1,000 on a scratchcard 4weeks later
A southend season ticket (about 5 years ago so nothing to bragg about)
Signed southend shirt by the league one winning squad

think thats all thats worth mentioning:)

£1,000 in the SUSCT Christmas draw a few years ago
Yeah, you spawny git! I seem to recall that I texted you that you'd won since you weren't at the game when they read out your name - I practically fell out of my chair when it was announced!

:thump:

Erm, prizes I have won include:

* £10 on the lottery. Twice. Woo and indeed hoo.

* £40-odd on the SUSCT 100 club draw. Twice. Much better!

* Several pub quizzes. At my local, the prize was always a gallon of beer, which went down well when I was a student. The last pub quiz I won was rather posher, and I got a magnum of Veuve Cliquot, which is still waiting to be drunk! :)

* A "Jock the Croc" competition, aged 13. You had to write a poem about Jock the Croc, a large cuddly crocodile who used to sit behind Matthew Kelly on Childrens ITV. I was deemed runner up, so got my name read out and won a copy of Look-In Annual, 1986...!

* The best prize I've won by miles was when I entered the competition, held last year by the MCC and the Royal National Institute for the Blind, to find volunteer cricket commentators. You had to send in a tape of you commentating on a fictional over of cricket - so I did a tape, sent it in, and they picked me to be one of their commentators. The prize is to sit in the Media Centre at Lord's for days on end and burble away about cricket. Heaven.

:D

im a bit of a lucky git when it comes to winning prizes / competitions...

ive won the following on talkSPORT

1 custom made snooker cue & case, april 2007
2x ticketd for the harlem globetrotters @ wembley arena april 2007
2 x tickets for england v hungary friendly @ man utd may 2006
2 x sporting autobiographies 2006-2007
3 x computer games 2004-2007
1 x talksport mug & rucksack march 2007

also been runner up on atleast 10 occasion on talksport, but no prizes.
most recently yesterday afternoon.

plus oct 2006 i won on london tonight news... my very own wind turbine !
i dont own a house, so they gave me £1500 worth of b&q vouchers. nice.

I haven't ever won anything really.

I dont know whether Marky_Gower has mentioned it but a friend of ours we grew up with won £5.5 mill on the lottery when he was 16 (if i remember rightly).

About £1200 when we were last in League 1 and I had Freddy to be top goalscorer at 25/1 :D

i won a mega drive with echo the dolphin game and a t-shirt

my dad won a car which was pretty cool

Back