• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Best or biggest prize ever won.

Dept36

Just got back from my local post office clutching a wonderful wonderful prize,the wife is to say the least well chuffed.
La poste in our area had a big yearly raffle with tickets being 1 euro each and prizes from a car,plasma screen,and other good stuff.So what did i win,a poxy china spoon that any caravan kitchen would be proud of.
So whats the best or worse or biggest thing you have won.

When I was younger entered a competition on Cartoon Network and I won a stunt kite! I broke it cause I didn't know how to use it! :(

I won Now 28 on Essex FM in 1994. I successfully identified Pater Gabriel's 'Sledgehammer' even when it was being played backwards. Ha!

Five years ago I worked in Telesales, selling black bin bags out of an office in North London. It was a shockingly bad job, but things looked on the up when the big boss announced that the salesperson with the highest yield that week would win a special prize.

I went through the gears and started closing deals left, right and centre and watch happily as name soared up the league table on the wall.

Friday afternoon came and the scores were read out. "Congratulations Slipperduke!" they said. "You're the salesperson of the week, here's your prize."

It was a bag of Werthers Originals.

The *****.

I won Now 28 on Essex FM in 1994. I successfully identified Pater Gabriel's 'Sledgehammer' even when it was being played backwards. Ha!

Five years ago I worked in Telesales, selling black bin bags out of an office in North London. It was a shockingly bad job, but things looked on the up when the big boss announced that the salesperson with the highest yield that week would win a special prize.

I went through the gears and started closing deals left, right and centre and watch happily as name soared up the league table on the wall.

Friday afternoon came and the scores were read out. "Congratulations Slipperduke!" they said. "You're the salesperson of the week, here's your prize."

It was a bag of Werthers Originals.

The *****.

:hilarious: :hilarious:

Werthers Original? That made me LOL got and loud!

I won an ever ready torch back in the seventies, for having the best hat in a happy hat competition.
Since then not a lot.

The biggest competition I ever won would probably be the guess the weight of the pig, down at Old Leigh Regatta.

Sadly the prize wasn't a year's supply of bacon, but a tenner.

I won a transistor radio for the Star letter in Sparky comic in 1967.

A Dvd player in the shrimpers Trust Raffle at the poty last year

and two "rollover" prizes of around 100 quid each at the Sarah Moore quiz nights recently

I came second (if that counts) in the 1977 silver jubilee fancy dress competition dressed as a pirate..........* this is something I only usually admit when I am very annebriated*

I won a copy of Rat Rappin' by Roland Rat at my Cub group for drawing the best picture of Kevin the Gerbil. I also won a Star Wars figure from the Yellow Advertiser for drawing something.

Sadly I neglected to follow up on my obvious artistic talents.

Tickets game to the VIP section plus 5 star hotels in London and Paris to the 98 world opening game (oh yeah and 1st class Eurostar ).

Scotland V Brazil (the sweatys were robbed !!!)

I won a canvas portrait of Freddy Eastwood at a quiz night... that has been signed by Freddy Eastwood... i believe it to be a one of a kind..

Back