• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Just called the ticket office for confirmation of the game being played on Friday.

According to them, it's not 100% yet. Even though Barnsley have got it on their website, and it's on Teletext according to my Dad.

Are Southend being incredibly slow or incredibly unprofessional?

I hope it is Friday. I love Friday night football!

Probably wanting to check Leeds won't throw their toys out of the pram before announcing it!

How poor is our club's website?

Still no news of the game being on a Friday, and its at our gaff not theirs yet they announced it hours ago.

More of the same from the mighty SUFC publicity machine.

Yeah, rubbish isn't it.

Or maybe it is because it isn't actually confirmed, and could still be on a Saturday, but Barnsley have taken it upon themselves to announce something that might not be right?

Last edited:
Yeah, rubbish isn't it.

Or maybe it is because it isn't actually confirmed, and could still be on a Saturday, but Barnsley have taken it open themselves to announce something that might not be right?

those little tykes!

Yeah, rubbish isn't it.

Or maybe it is because it isn't actually confirmed, and could still be on a Saturday, but Barnsley have taken it open themselves to announce something that might not be right?

Perhaps they're playing on Friday and we're playing on Saturday? No opposition, just 11 men v an open goal.

(Cue Matt Harrold jokes....)

Yeah, rubbish isn't it.

Or maybe it is because it isn't actually confirmed, and could still be on a Saturday, but Barnsley have taken it upon themselves to announce something that might not be right?

... and how difficult would it have been to put a clarifying statement on the website?

I want the Leeds game moved as I am working the Monday on a night so.... :(

Exactly! What's the point in saying the game could be Friday/Saturday/Sunday until it is actually one of those?

Something like:

"You may have seen elsewhere that this match has been re-arranged for Friday night. Please be aware that as discussions are on-going, this is not necessarily the case. Please look out for definitive information on your very own Southend United Official website".

I agree that in the absence of the information elsewhere, there would have been no point.

It would seem that SUFC asked the game to be moved because of your game against Leeds on Sky the following Monday.

Big clubs have more to worry about these days than fixture congestion.

The game has been moved to make it more convenient for Southends global fanbase (I say global but they are mostly based in north/South America and Asia) to watch the game and help us to tap into new revenue streams.

Last edited:
Please look out for definitive information on your very own Southend United Official website

I don't have my very own Southend United Official website ... i look at the one i find in google :rolleyes: :thump:

I said clarify not correct.

I know. My point was that I don't think it's SUFC's job to clarify comments made by 3rd parties when SUFC's own announcement will have to be be made soon anyway.

For what it's worth, I think Matt Harrold was behind the article on the Barnsley site.

I am having some fun on the Barnsley Chat forum, having some great banter slinging posts...all good fun. Although they do have the same problem on there with unintelligent dross once in a while....Like this from Windy.....

Your town's ****. Your club's ****. Your team's **** and, contrary to popular belief down there you southerners are so far up your own arses you don't even realise that, most of the time, you talk ****.

By the way....the blank is obviousley SH*T

I am having some fun on the Barnsley Chat forum, having some great banter slinging posts...all good fun. Although they do have the same problem on there with unintelligent dross once in a while....Like this from Windy.....

Your town's ****. Your club's ****. Your team's **** and, contrary to popular belief down there you southerners are so far up your own arses you don't even realise that, most of the time, you talk ****.

By the way....the blank is obviousley SH*T

Down South even the waters hard.

Barnsley's official site still states the game will be played on Fri 25th Jan, they have not removed the link to that page. Still can't see anything on Southend site yet?

I am getting Pelters :(

it was me who said we are a bigger club and that your defeat of us would be seen as a giant killing.

Well..... this may hurt, but we are and it would. It is also a well known fact that you cannot move in Southend on a Saturday for Cockneys dancing up and down, waving jellied eels in the air and singing Any Old Iron.

That's why we have to come Friday.....allegedly

Back