• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Now it's a Friday night I really fancy our chances, as the atmosphere will be rocking. I can see a 5+ goal thriller for this.

4th round live tv games:- http://www.barnsleyfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10309~1209788,00.html
Thanks to Barnsley FC's official site being more upto date than to ours!!!!

Actually thanks to Barnsley's site being more unprofessional than ours!

Nothing is confirmed yet but Barnsley have jumped the gun slightly.[/quote]

Don't believe it would've been put on their site if there wasn't a really good chance of it happening. I'm quite optimistic now, should be a great atmosphere!

Oh and welcome to Southern Tyke! One of my best mates is a Barnsley fan so I always look out for your results. I went with him to Anfield when you beat Liverpool 1-0 back in 1997, cracking day :D

I couldn't make that game, I am jealous mate! The keeper we had that year was shocking, he'd come from some German side on some shady recommendation, but somehow managed to keep Liverpool out!

This is a great book on Lars Lees by the way, a great read for any footy fan, not just for BFC fans.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Keeper-Drea...bs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1199813952&sr=8-1

I live quite close to Uxbridge actually, well nearer to Hemel but still.

**** i can't make it either bollox!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Work dinner... ****e!

ahaha, Leeds will be livid about this. Word is that they only agreed to moving our game with them forward to the monday on the understanding that both clubs played their previous league fixtures on the saturday.

Last edited:
ahaha, Leeds will be livid about this. Word is that they only agreed to moving out game with them forward to the monday on the understanding that both clubs played their previous league fixtures on the saturday.

Yep & as FA Cup games have priority over League games we can play the FA Cup game on the Friday & the Football League and Leeds can do nothing about it, I hope :D

I couldn't make that game, I am jealous mate! The keeper we had that year was shocking, he'd come from some German side on some shady recommendation, but somehow managed to keep Liverpool out!

This is a great book on Lars Lees by the way, a great read for any footy fan, not just for BFC fans.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Keeper-Drea...bs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1199813952&sr=8-1

I live quite close to Uxbridge actually, well nearer to Hemel but still.

Might have to look that book up. Sounds like a decent read.

Southern Tyke.....Question for you?

How long did it take you to get authorisation on this chat Zone??

Yep & as FA Cup games have priority over League games we can play the FA Cup game on the Friday & the Football League and Leeds can do nothing about it, I hope :D

Of course now Luton will beat Liverpool and Leeds will have the last laugh and a nine day break.

Of course now Luton will beat Liverpool and Leeds will have the last laugh and a nine day break.

Then I have to hope Liverpool win then ..... anything to tire Leeds will do for me.

Southern Tyke.....Question for you?

How long did it take you to get authorisation on this chat Zone??

Not 100% sure what you mean. Your Admin didn't need to approve me, or it didn't seem so. There was an email verification procedure, once I'd done that I was able to post.

Is that not how its set up?

Not 100% sure what you mean. Your Admin didn't need to approve me, or it didn't seem so. There was an email verification procedure, once I'd done that I was able to post.

Is that not how its set up?

Its taken me since 2pm Monday to now finaly get authorised on the Barnsley Chat Zone

How poor is our club's website?

Still no news of the game being on a Friday, and its at our gaff not theirs yet they announced it hours ago.

More of the same from the mighty SUFC publicity machine.

How poor is our club's website?

Still no news of the game being on a Friday, and its at our gaff not theirs yet they announced it hours ago.

More of the same from the mighty SUFC publicity machine.

Grandpha Scrivs was never the most proactive

:thump:

Just called the ticket office for confirmation of the game being played on Friday.

According to them, it's not 100% yet. Even though Barnsley have got it on their website, and it's on Teletext according to my Dad.

Are Southend being incredibly slow or incredibly unprofessional?

I hope it is Friday. I love Friday night football!

Back