• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southern Tyke

Alright chaps.

Just been reading your thread on getting Barnsley in the next round of the cup.

Like someone said in that thread, you do owe us one and for that reason I am really looking forward to the game. Mainly it will be interesting to see how the two clubs have fared since our promotions to the Championship and your unfortunate relegation last season. Personally I thought Southend and BFC were very closely matched last year, and I think it is fair to say that the 3-1 defeat we inflicted on you at Roots Hall was the beginning of the end in your battle for survival.

The cup games were a different matter though, when we snatched a last gasp equaliser at your place (I seem to remember it was more like a water polo match than a footy game) and you deserved to win the replay.

So, how have you been doing this season? We have learned our lesson from last season and have strengthened big time. No doubt you guys would have done exactly the same had you have stayed up. Obviously you lost a few players (JCR being one, interesting to see how he gets on on his return), have you managed to attract some decent replacements?

Our relative success this season (I'm talking about being nearer the playoffs than relegation, not getting carried away or owt) has mainly been due to signing some better quality defenders than we had last year. We've also had some good loanees at the club but it remains to be seen whether we can get them back before our FA cup tie. If not, you'll have a good chance of winning. This is mainly due to a lack of goals from our strikers, our three signings in that department being relatively poor so far, especially away from home.

Whats your thoughts on the game being moved to a Friday? I guess it was at your clubs request so you're not too bothered, and if it helps you beat the Scum its good enough for me. Especially as I live down south and can get to the game anyway!

Good luck in the league, but not in the cup eh?!

have you realised JCR hasn't got any end product yet?!

That certainly was the case earlier in the season, but he's improving and is a fairly consistant player these days. He can score, in fact he scored a belter the other day, he just doesn't score enough.

He has also improved in the crossing dept, but again, not enough service coming from him really. All in all I'm happy with how he's been doing this season.

Whats your thoughts on the game being moved to a Friday? I guess it was at your clubs request so you're not too bothered, and if it helps you beat the Scum its good enough for me. Especially as I live down south and can get to the game anyway!

Since when is the game being played on the Friday?

Great if it is though ! !

[

[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

I think most fans would prefer this scenario. The crowd would be bigger than if played on the saturday, which would be better for you financially. The only downside as far as Barnsley F.C. are concerned would be that less fans would be here on a friday night to get behind your team. The decision your club has to make is what is more important, finances or vocal support?.

[

[/size]

I think most fans would prefer this scenario. The crowd would be bigger than if played on the saturday, which would be better for you financially. The only downside as far as Barnsley F.C. are concerned would be that less fans would be here on a friday night to get behind your team. The decision your club has to make is what is more important, finances or vocal support?.[/quote]

But the possibility of being on Sky must come into the equation generating more revenue if moved to the Friday.

I think most fans would prefer this scenario. The crowd would be bigger than if played on the saturday, which would be better for you financially. The only downside as far as Barnsley F.C. are concerned would be that less fans would be here on a friday night to get behind your team. The decision your club has to make is what is more important, finances or vocal support?.

But the possibility of being on Sky must come into the equation generating more revenue if moved to the Friday.[/QUOTE]

I don't think our game is likely to be on Sky, considering they're showing the Leeds game on the Monday.

4th round live tv games:- http://www.barnsleyfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10309~1209788,00.html
Thanks to Barnsley FC's official site being more upto date than to ours!!!!

Since when is the game being played on the Friday?

Great if it is though ! !

It would seem that SUFC asked the game to be moved because of your game against Leeds on Sky the following Monday. BFC appear to have agreed, which has caused plenty of grievance with the loyal few hundred who go to every game, many of whom won't be able to take a Friday off work.

Suits me to be fair, but I do feel for those that now can't make it.

4th round live tv games:- http://www.barnsleyfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10309~1209788,00.html
Thanks to Barnsley FC's official site being more upto date than to ours!!!!

Good work, sir, you're a goldmine of information this afternoon! :D

Surprise surprise, BBC are showing the Mancs again.... :p[/QUOTE]

Whats up with the 'quote' function, it seems to have gone up the spout. I never posted the bit about the game being on Friday and the possibilty of live TV??

Ah bollocks. I normally love the Friday night games, but it's my best man's birthday bash that evening, I shan't be able to make it :(

Whats up with the 'quote' function, it seems to have gone up the spout. I never posted the bit about the game being on Friday and the possibilty of live TV??

Someone's put an extra 'QUOTE' tag in somewhere and it's chained down to all further quotes by the looks of it :p

Oh and welcome to Southern Tyke! One of my best mates is a Barnsley fan so I always look out for your results. I went with him to Anfield when you beat Liverpool 1-0 back in 1997, cracking day :D

Should be a bigger crowd on the Friday night. I will be getting about 5 extra tickets for this one.

Come on Southend fans this is our first FA cup 4th round home game for 32 years lets fill Roots Hall.

Back