• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ticket News Barnet (a) tickets available (Sat 24th Aug)

Barnet, as in Barnet? Or Edgware and The Hive?
Don't think so, chum.
This is London suburbia at a cost! Average house price in the latter: £738,728. In Barnet, detached houses start around £988,518. Got a kidney to sell?
If supporters go to Barnet at 3 o’clock they will miss watching the mighty blues ☹️☹️

Mental to think that those two are the bookies favourites to go up.

Fair play to the Barnet manager, watched his interview from after the game, he said how we are the biggest/one of, teams in the league and how his fans need to turn up in numbers too.
I don't think the number of fans, either home or away dictates chances of promotion. It's financial backing or the lack of it that are the greater influence on league performance. That's not to ignore strength of management, coaching and scouting. But that all takes money too.

For instance, Forest Green have a benefactor that bankrolls them. If he pulled out they would be a significantly lower performing club, if his funding wasn't replaced like for like or anywhere near. For that reason, they have kept the majority of playing staff upon relegation and haven't had to hold a "garage sale" outside their ground.

Barnet, as the other favourites, through shrewd purchases and sell-ons have received millions back into their club this summer enabling them to progress the plans Brennan has on the pitch. That is part of the blueprint we are following, hopefully.

While both of those teams are smaller than us in fanbase, their ability to spend on playing staff, this season is probably greater than ours. Don't forget Forest Green are still in the race for Tshimanga.

Then there is us, where we demonstrate the opposite. we may have a bigger fanbase, but the last few years, what has that mattered under the Rat's financial mismanagement? The size of the fanbase never stopped him bleeding this club dry, to the edge of extinction and yielded no influence at all on stopping him, throughout the vast majority of his just under 25 year tenure.

Sure in the last 12 month's protests and publicity increased, but it was the presence of COSU and a council leadership that stood up to his masterplan and pulled it apart, by insisting the separation of the club from the FF plans, as we know that finally broke the deadlock in the purchase and transition of ownership.

hypothetically, if an Arab with billions of pounds came and bought Chatham, Hornchurch or any other club of similar size, and powered by ego, wanted to take them L1 or above, they probably would be able too, until they got bored, or felt it was job done. Look at how Chelsea were performing before Bates, Matthew Harding and Abramovitch got involved. Nowhere near title challengers or European Champions. And what was the reason that Blackburn won the premier league and attracted Dalgleish to manage them, a multi millionaire steel magnate. Money talks and is the main influencer in the game we love...........sadly.

So Barnet and Forest Green as this seasons favourites, maybe not so "mental" as it may appear on first glance.

Are tickets on sale on the day?

If so I assume they'll just open up the last block for walk ups?

Are tickets on sale on the day?

If so I assume they'll just open up the last block for walk ups?
Yes, via the Barnet online ticket portal right up to 5pm tomorrow!

Not sure you can pay at the gate.

Barnet, as in Barnet? Or Edgware and The Hive?
Don't think so, chum.
This is London suburbia at a cost! Average house price in the latter: £738,728. In Barnet, detached houses start around £988,518. Got a kidney to sell?

That proves that London and its suburbs are grossly over priced.

Even Newham which is a dump will cost you 500k-600k for a house. Doesn't make it a great area..

Lots of families still on holiday.

Lots of away games early doors..

Ticket and travel easily £50+

3 games in a week.

I still think there will be 1700+ which is miles more than anyone has ever brought to us in this league.

Barnet home attendance's on Tuesday was 1,710

If Southend take over 1700 fans tomorrow, it will be a fantastic achievement

I think our support has grown since we fell out the league personally

Just 24 seats left in Block D now. Will they open Block E?

The final 255 seats now available in block E, taking our allocation to exactly 1800. There are another 140 seats (approx - can't remember the exact number) but these are for disabled supporters and carers, and only bookable through the club not online. So fill all 5 blocks and that's 1800 Shrimpers on the nose.

The final 255 seats now available in block E, taking our allocation to exactly 1800. There are another 140 seats (approx - can't remember the exact number) but these are for disabled supporters and carers, and only bookable through the club not online. So fill all 5 blocks and that's 1800 Shrimpers on the nose.

I doubt we will be far short but I suspect not many will pay on the day.

What's the most we have taken away since being in this league?

Probabky Kings Lynn although we have no idea how many were there that day as loads in the home ends.

Dover was about 1900 odd I think.

Can't remember any others other than Barnet.

Lots of games we could have sold more but sold our allocation.

I doubt we will be far short but I suspect not many will pay on the day.

What's the most we have taken away since being in this league?

Probabky Kings Lynn although we have no idea how many were there that day as loads in the home ends.

Dover was about 1900 odd I think.

Can't remember any others other than Barnet.

Lots of games we could have sold more but sold our allocation.
Dover away I think - about 2,000 travelled there (unbelievably!)

Back