• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Away Kit History

This thread got me thinking (particularly the comment about lesser known manaufacturers and how people think we'd have a far more unique shirt if we were ditched by Nike) and I've done a quick analysis of the 72 FL clubs and who makes their kits.

I've grouped them into the following :-

Well known worldwide brands (Nike, adidas, Puma & Umbro)
Known smaller brands (Diadora, Carlotti, Vandanel etc)
Local/unknown brands (e.g. Southampton who license their kit out for manufacture)

Championship
Well-known 6
Smaller 17
Unknown 1

League 1
Well-known 4 (us & Hartlepool Nike, Forest Umbro & Luton Puma)
Smaller 17 (Vandanel have 6 teams in L1)
Unknown 3

League 2
Well-known 8 (5 teams wear Nike in L1, 2 Umbro & 1 Puma)
Smaller 5
Unknown 11

Therefore, I think the trend of individual kits made by lesser-known manufacturers seems to be lessening and I for one think that's a good thing! Do we honestly want to go back to the dark days of Rossco or Sho in L2?

Therefore, I think the trend of individual kits made by lesser-known manufacturers seems to be lessening and I for one think that's a good thing! Do we honestly want to go back to the dark days of Rossco or Sho in L2?

No surprise that the 'local' manufacturers are still prevalent in L2. Personally, even though they're not as 'individual', I prefer our Nike kits to the aforementioned Rossco / SHO / Pier Sports etc ones.

I used to have a site called www.shrimpershirts.co.uk. I've found the pics that I used and uploaded them here:

http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~macima/shrimpershirts/

Mark Mac

Hi all, and thanks for your kind comments about oldfootballshirts.com. We set the site up as a bit of fun a year ago this week, based on my own interest in collecting my clubs shirts. Now over 5000 additions, by fans and collectors from all over the world, and a great selection of Southend shirts.

If Mark Mac has any shirts that are not on the site, it would be great to see them added.

Keep checking back on the site, we'll be adding a "Hall of Shame" (think I know what you'll be adding to that ;) ) there will be RSS feeds, loads of stuff over the coming months.

Good luck against Walsall, I trust that most of you are on your way to the Bescott already :angel: .

Phil

Hi all, and thanks for your kind comments about oldfootballshirts.com. We set the site up as a bit of fun a year ago this week, based on my own interest in collecting my clubs shirts. Now over 5000 additions, by fans and collectors from all over the world, and a great selection of Southend shirts.

If Mark Mac has any shirts that are not on the site, it would be great to see them added.

Keep checking back on the site, we'll be adding a "Hall of Shame" (think I know what you'll be adding to that ;) ) there will be RSS feeds, loads of stuff over the coming months.

Good luck against Walsall, I trust that most of you are on your way to the Bescott already :angel: .

Phil

Loving the site - just added a couple of shirts. I've not got any Southend ones that aren't already up there, but your Real Betis collection has now been started, plus there's another Celtic one in there for you ;)

Back