• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Away Kit History

Yeah, which is why I find it hard to understand why people want to have a smaller manufacturer to give our kit unique-ness.....for me it would only likely bring naffness

Exactly, agree with that wholeheartedly.
Look at Umbro, some people might argue all their shirts this year are the same but the Forest away shirt (they wore it at Cheltenham at the weekend) is probably one of the nicest kits I've ever seen!

I don't mind if we lose our tie-in with Nike (from memory did they not say it was a 5 year deal, so I'm guessing it's up for renewal soon), as long as we get adidas, Umbro or Puma replacing them! Even Lotto (look at the smart Swindon shirt this season) would be better than going backwards with a "Pier Sports" shirt!!!

I think the other one I was thinking of was this

southend.gif

Can't find an away kit one though!

I think the other one I was thinking of was this

southend.gif

Can't find an away kit one though!

Very similar to the one I've seen - it was basically the picture of Sammy Shrimp in the various kits we've used over the ages. Can't remember for the life of me where it was though...

But everybody's wearing better kits these days though. You need to bear that in mind, I mean look at that MK Dons game the other day, Nike (MK) v Umbro (Lincoln).

Bigger manufacturers are wanting to publicise they do "teamwear" ranges so therefore they take on smaller clubs. The days of such abominations as Rossco and SHO are long gone (hopefully)!!!

In fact, in 442 last month, they had a line-up of all their featured Football League players for this season and you would be very hard pushed to find a dodgy kit (taking 1995 as the peak of awful shirts). Walsall probably have got the worst kit in our league just now, I'd say!

Who can forget our old kit make "Beaver":p

My god that old red/pink colchester jersey sponsered by the sun is horrendous...that must win hands down surely :p Any col u fans on here want to own up to buying that eyesore? :D

My god that old red/pink colchester jersey sponsered by the sun is horrendous...that must win hands down surely :p Any col u fans on here want to own up to buying that eyesore? :D

Judging by their taste, I reckon that shirt was a best seller. In fact, I bet they still go out on the town at weekends wearing it along with their Wellington boots.

I think two of my favourites are from the same season (2000-01?). I loved the orange away shirt and still wear the blue and white Rebus home shirt from that season. These have worn very well and are in better nick than a lot of the recent ones. My shirt from last year barely saw the season out!

I think two of my favourites are from the same season (2000-01?). I loved the orange away shirt and still wear the blue and white Rebus home shirt from that season. These have worn very well and are in better nick than a lot of the recent ones. My shirt from last year barely saw the season out!

I'm quite fond of the one we wore the season after, with the silver panel on the sides. First modern kit with our current dark blue IIRC, although it was a slightly lighter shade than we use now.

Back