• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Anyone played at Roots Hall?

Half past 8 and in bed with cocoa - you taking the mick??? Horlicks mate!! No the missus wasnt involved in that incident but certainly in 1 or 2 others

Oh well... someone taped it cos i've seen it a couple of times over the years, last i heard i think Shrimptank had it... so its probably been eaten by now !!!

The Bloke who sits behind me (and used to stand on the North bank with us) played for Col U reserves for a short spell after being scouted whilst playing for Leigh ramblers....(its a long story, which I think i have bored you all with before)

Can't believe it was that long ago!

I was involved in that team, also and had a bit of a kickabout mainly with Durera on the sidelines or when the teams were changing on the pitch.

Got to wear the lovely red 3rd shirt of that season too with 'Husbands 15' on the back. :)

Haha...

I scored SZFC's only goal in that tournament while wearing Droooooo's Red shirt with the torn off sleeves! :finger:

Stooping Header from about 6 yards from a whipped ball from the General into the goal in front of a fairly empty North Bank!

Its on DVD somewhere... wonder if someone could youtube it??

C_B ... You must tell us all (but especially SUFCEssex) all about Edgeley Park .. apparently he's never been there :D :D

I was reading Clarky_Blues post with real interest wondering when you would pipe up.

Heeheehee ... i think you need to sort out a trip up there, that'll shut me right up :)

(did i mention i saw us win promotion there :p )

only a few times, and that Milo was in the bath with the players.
I even got you the DVD of the game.

FACup Rd 1 if not regionalised I'll take Stockport, Morecambe or Accrington away.

only a few times, and that Milo was in the bath with the players.
I even got you the DVD of the game.

FACup Rd 1 if not regionalised I'll take Stockport, Morecambe or Accrington away.

and i still find it amusing every time i bring it up :hilarious: :hilarious:

Morecambe or Accrington is a good shout though

Back