• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Another signing? / Who is he?

is it deffinatly going to be a loan? Trevor Sinclair might be worth a go not sure how old he is now or how much he would want wage wise, cant have been on that much at Cardiff

is it deffinatly going to be a loan? Trevor Sinclair might be worth a go not sure how old he is now or how much he would want wage wise, cant have been on that much at Cardiff

Well we can't sign anyone now until January, unless they are on a free transfer.

from what I have heard, it is more likely to be a young midfielder from a premiership club who would be willing to come out on loan for a couple of months. Apparently his club wanted to wait for any offers before the close of the transfer window before they would be willing to do business. No offers so deal could be on.

from what I have heard, it is more likely to be a young midfielder from a premiership club who would be willing to come out on loan for a couple of months. Apparently his club wanted to wait for any offers before the close of the transfer window before they would be willing to do business. No offers so deal could be on.

But that goes against the "Experienced" midfielder tag that this mystery figure has been given.

welcome 'stom'..so, spill the beans

i think its imperative we look to bring in another inexperienced premiership nearly man, especially if its a lone signing so if they are any good they can definately go back in a month or two

i think its imperative we look to bring in another inexperienced premiership nearly man, especially if its a lone signing so if they are any good they can definately go back in a month or two

Like Eastwood, McCormack, Guttridge (alright, he was a plonker in the end), Kanu and various others I can't remember...

Cheer up fella!!

:nope: :cool:

This thread was started by a member visiting shrimpers-online website and reading an article posted on there by Technician, one of the bosses of SOL who obviously felt it worthy to post on his web-site. So blame SOL not the Zone.

I think it's reasonable to say that Shrimpers-online doesn't intentionally announce misleading information. ZONE members may be interpreting that to be so, with what you have written here? bad day Ken?

Yes, I wrote the article and yes it is misleading since the rumour did not bear fruit! sometimes it goes Pete Tong & I have absolutely no problem with holding my hands up whenever it does... However, I wrote the article with a degree of confidence! why else would I have bothered?

Immediately after Pubey posted this thread, you responded with...

Backs up what Ron told J and Cricko at last week's meeting. We must wait and see whether the speculation turns into reality -- I hope it's someone dynamic.

...so you believed it to have foundation then too, which further backs up that my article was at the time reasonable and I feel that it is now fair to set the record straight in defence of Shrimpers-online by saying that if anyone wishes to apportion blame, it shouldn't be directed at us...

It's clear that some of your members read our site and that's what freedom of choice is all about, just as some of our members read the ZONE... why not? However I am sure the ZONE would not appreciate me blaming the ZONE for something it said that may get mentioned on our site in the future.

My thanks to Pubey who is obviously a seasoned member of the ZONE as well as a reader of Shrimpers-online articles. I hope you aren't put off by the one that got away here... these things happen!

Trevor Stanbridge... aka Technician (Techy to his mates!).

fishing.gif

There's only one Bob Nudd

This thread was started by a member visiting shrimpers-online website and reading an article posted on there by Technician, one of the bosses of SOL who obviously felt it worthy to post on his web-site. So blame SOL not the Zone.

Im not questioning the validity of the thread. Any piece of information put on here in good faith is brilliant.

I was merely stating the we are signing Ronaldo. Robhino etc etc etc is rather tiresome. Unless of course you believe we are.

I think it's reasonable to say that Shrimpers-online doesn't intentionally announce misleading information. ZONE members may be interpreting that to be so, with what you have written here? bad day Ken?

Yes, I wrote the article and yes it is misleading since the rumour did not bear fruit! sometimes it goes Pete Tong & I have absolutely no problem with holding my hands up whenever it does... However, I wrote the article with a degree of confidence! why else would I have bothered?

Immediately after Pubey posted this thread, you responded with...

...so you believed it to have foundation then too, which further backs up that my article was at the time reasonable and I feel that it is now fair to set the record straight in defence of Shrimpers-online by saying that if anyone wishes to apportion blame, it shouldn't be directed at us...

It's clear that some of your members read our site and that's what freedom of choice is all about, just as some of our members read the ZONE... why not? However I am sure the ZONE would not appreciate me blaming the ZONE for something it said that may get mentioned on our site in the future.

My thanks to Pubey who is obviously a seasoned member of the ZONE as well as a reader of Shrimpers-online articles. I hope you aren't put off by the one that got away here... these things happen!

Trevor Stanbridge... aka Technician (Techy to his mates!).

it's the only place to go to when the Zone crashes!

The Echo late last week stated that the target was a young player with a premiership club.

Amongst those names mentioned earlier Jack Wilkshire became the youngest player to appear in the top divison interestingly.

However all the guessing is irrelevent as Tilly has made no progress with landing the target.

Back