• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Alison Moyet

Seeing her perform in July as part of Tears for Fears support.
Should be the other way round...

Saw her last time she was at the Cliffs, most singers lose a bit with age but Alf seemed to be better than ever and she was pretty damned good to start with! :Worthy:

Alison was great to listen to on Desert Island Discs some years back. She has an unconventional back story. Listen to it on BBC Sounds in the DID Archives. My recollection is that she did not mention SUFC but I could be wrong.

Spoke to her a few weeks ago to offer an open invite to come and say hello again.

She's studying a lot at the moment as a mature student but still has the club at heart and I'm sure will come down someday.

When I left for Forest I received the loveliest letter from her and a bottle of champagne wishing me well and saying she'd always remember "our Stanley", which as you can imagine was a real thrill from such a legend!

Also, in her song "Blue" which is a love song to the club, there's a line in it that I only found recently!

I hope she comes home soon, abd a hearty congratulations on her award, fully deserved!

??
It’s a fantastic song a real song created by someone world renowned and it’s a song about us … why o why o why it’s not used more I don’t know … and what a line Stanley !! It’s been on my play list for many years

Fantastic voice and a fantastic artist and person. I feel ia couple of the comments are slightly unfair on Adele who has been caught up in the Hello magazine celeb era. I wouldn’t mind betting she’ll still be around in 10-15 years.

There’s not a long list of vocalists that stand the test of time. Moyet and Lennox are certainly well up that list.

It SOOOO needs updating!
Nor really .Chelsea was only 12 years or so ago wasn't it?

Not a great deal of good stuff has happened since then and there's been a lot of bad.Both on /off the pitch.It would be nice to see those Martin out banners & pitch invasion at the Chesterfield game again though.:Smile:

Last edited:
It is likely I am in a minority, BUT, this lady is very much ALIVE and very much (I hope) still a Shrimper. And she may read, the universally positive, comments on this thread, BUT is it appropriate to highlight her, here, and maybe cause discomfort IF she wants to take a place, unburdened and low profile, on the terraces whether away or at The Hall.

Back