• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Alan McCormack Signs

Lol, I'm still here, just been incredibly busy with work. I am, of course, delighted at this news, which I called here:

2nd July 2020

Funnily enough, I was on the phone last night helping securing his sponsorship......but not for me, instead for a very dear friend of mine!

He loved his time at Southend before, loved the area, loved the fans. Always wanted to finish his playing career here. He is EXACTLY what we need in the side, someone with some passion, leadership and ability - I'd have loved to have seen what he'd have said to Oxley last weekend! Totally bossed the midfield the last couple of times we've played against sides with him in.

Even if we only get two thirds of a game out of him, it'll be a huge improvement.

Welcome back Macca!

Oh, and Kev has been thoroughly warned about some of the ribbing I'm likely to get on the back of this - and he's been every bit as bad as some of you are! :Smile:
It's nice to see such an unbiased opinion on here.

Lol, I'm still here, just been incredibly busy with work. I am, of course, delighted at this news, which I called here:

2nd July 2020

Funnily enough, I was on the phone last night helping securing his sponsorship......but not for me, instead for a very dear friend of mine!

He loved his time at Southend before, loved the area, loved the fans. Always wanted to finish his playing career here. He is EXACTLY what we need in the side, someone with some passion, leadership and ability - I'd have loved to have seen what he'd have said to Oxley last weekend! Totally bossed the midfield the last couple of times we've played against sides with him in.

Even if we only get two thirds of a game out of him, it'll be a huge improvement.

Welcome back Macca!

Oh, and Kev has been thoroughly warned about some of the ribbing I'm likely to get on the back of this - and he's been every bit as bad as some of you are! :Smile:

Still means you are on his table though right? :Winking:

Just mentioned this signing to the wife, who normally hasn't a clue about football except its where I go most Saturdays. Told her we had re-signed a player who played for us 10 years ago and he exact words were

"He must be really old by now, can he still run and kick a ball"

If he can do either of those two (or both) then it may well be an improvement to the midfield that we had from last season.

Getting nostalgic about the team from back then, Simon Francis anyone??

I wasnt in favour of this signing , but welcome back Macca ,i hope everything goes well for you and for Southend. if as said by others we can get 60 minutes a game out of you our midfield will be much stronger , I for one would immediately appoint him club captain, as was said he is a man hates to lose and leads by example .Just whats needed in a captain .

Great signing. Natural winner and knows he’s learned from his previous mistakes.

Where do you think MM will play him? He was a CM when with us but hasn’t he played CD in promotion winning sides?

At the end of the day he’s a winner. He’s been part of promotion winning teams. We have got into a rut of losing and giving up. He’s not the answer on his own but after some of the **** we’ve had masquerading as professional footballers in our shirt the last couple of years I can’t believe anyone’s questioning this.

Ron mention the culture that has built up within the squad , perhaps a culture of take it easy in training , just do the minimum required and no real passion for the club, some players see it as purely a job and will sit at home on a Saturday night unaffected whether having won/drew or lost .

Im hoping Macca can change that , so as a previous poster stated , this signing may not just be about matchday and how many minutes he can play , this will all be about daily training ethics and standards on the pitch , if he can add some dazzling displays inbetween for us then this will be a great addition .

welcome back Macca

Last edited:
interesting signing ...

it does feel like its a Ron move and now hes got his own man in there and a bit of cover
if it all goes wrong with MM

I can sense the beginnings , only the beginnings, of a good vibe starting both in and out of the club.
A mixture of Lennon Hobson white dieng in the middle at the back. Mecca and demi snapping at the opposition's ankles and demi can spray a pass. Green and Ralph overlapping each other scaring the life out of slower targeted defenders . Akinola and and goodship getting an understanding and poaching goals with a few youngsters continuing they're learning as they go (Inc Elvis here too)
who knows .... It may take one win to spark it off the
of course I could be very wrong!

Loved Macca’s passion, energy and ability first time around, and hopefully he still has the legs to cut it, but..... it is a tad worrying that we are depending on a 36 year old to kick start our season.

Saying that....Welcome back Macca hope you have looked after yourself!

Loved Macca’s passion, energy and ability first time around, and hopefully he still has the legs to cut it, but..... it is a tad worrying that we are depending on a 36 year old to kick start our season.

Saying that....Welcome back Macca hope you have looked after yourself!
That's my worry too. He played well for Northampton but they were a good side already. He just gave them some extra steel when he was fit enough to do it; can we rely on a player who isn't fit enough to play a whole season and not even 90 minutes when he does start?

That said, realistically we're aiming to stay up his season so from that point of view he'll play his part and we should be OK. He also gives us an option in defence.

I really hope it works out but at the moment my level of optimism remains cautious.

Hi Kay,
Pleased for you, we have secured the other half of Macca's sponsorship :Clap:, am looking forward to the dinner already !! :Winking2:

Back