• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread AFC Fylde v Southend United, Tuesday 17th September K/O 7:45pm

Starting XI and result

• Total voters
i didn't realise we had so many travel experts and experts in footballers preparation on here. what an incredible wealth of knowledge in this fan base
On that basis are we not allowed to talk about the games because very few on here have coaching badges? Or are experts in football?

Pretty sure this is a discussion forum, where you are entitled to post your opinion on a situation. Defeats the object of the forum if you can’t talk about a subject unless you’re an expert.

There are some incredibly knowledgeable people on here, especially based on years of experience and wisdom regarding our club. That constitutes as an expert by the way

On that basis are we not allowed to talk about the games because very few on here have coaching badges? Or are experts in football?

Pretty sure this is a discussion forum, where you are entitled to post your opinion on a situation. Defeats the object of the forum if you can’t talk about a suforum

Big difference in opinions on team selection, how we played etc. To constantly slagging at every opportunity.

Before anyone knows the basic facts about Kensdale let alone all of them. Some were on here blaming Kiev's management skills. Then FGR swoop up HC and that the fault of our club. One poster even put Kev has been found out....His crime , developing one of the most sort after number 9's in the NL.

Now we have utter nonsense being spill about train breaking down and the rail company having a p** poor back up plan.

The bizarre thing is it would seem those that know the least about football know less about every other subject.....They drive good posters of of the forum

There are of course also those who like to look down from their high and mighty throne and constantly find fault with contributors. Funnily enough adding toi the constant moaning, and even perhaps they have been banned previously for inappropriate behaviour

Think the train thing last week said a lot.
Why would a team getting 7000 home supporters go up on the train the morning of the game….we need to know where this is going. Can’t be worse than what we’ve put up with under Roland surely otherwise why rescue us like they did?

Kein Mahor mentioned The Club travelled up a lot on the train in League One and League Two, so why is it a problem now in non-league? The consensus on Shrimperzone is that the first year would be mid-table, outside chance of the play-offs and the club would be run sustainably which is happening. Do people want money to be thrown about to get back into League 2 or the club run more sustainably, you can't have it both ways. The fans need to keep backing the team without getting upset at the first opportunity over silly little things.

On a different point, am assuming theres no comeback from the FA/NL on missing the game?
In the past, I believe clubs were fined for arriving late etc, but maybe that's past tense?
Did the club take every step to avoid the no-show? The idea you would depend on a rail network in summer is a stretch.
Spent three extra hours on GWR trains last weekend that wasn't in the schedule, and I suspect others did too.
It was leaving a lot to chance, and I do mean chance.

Kein Mahor mentioned The Club travelled up a lot on the train in League One and League Two, so why is it a problem now in non-league? The consensus on Shrimperzone is that the first year would be mid-table, outside chance of the play-offs and the club would be run sustainably which is happening. Do people want money to be thrown about to get back into League 2 or the club run more sustainably, you can't have it both ways. The fans need to keep backing the team without getting upset at the first opportunity over silly little things.
There are huge changes afoot on rail demanding overhauls on infrastructure and all the rest.
Unrest over working/pay conditions means many trains don't run at the weekend because there are no staff to run them, although I know that wasn't case here.
As said above, thought and still think it was a risk travelling the morning of the game.

There are huge changes afoot on rail demanding overhauls on infrastructure and all the rest.
Unrest over working/pay conditions means many trains don't run at the weekend because there are no staff to run them, although I know that wasn't case here.
As said above, thought and still think it was a risk travelling the morning of the game.

Thats the whole point of travelling by train. You travel on the day to save an overnight stay.

Of course you already know this and all the benefits by not doing overnighters. So why have you made it your personal crusade against the idea

Train travel on the day of a long distance away game sounds like not ideal operation for me. Wasn’t the timings that, even if train had been on time they would have only arrived less than 2 hours before KO?
Overnight gives you time for light training in the morning, as opposed to sat on your Harris for 3 or 4 hours, light lunch in relaxed environment, final run through of preparation etc.
I’m not aware of Col U doing it and I’m surprised KM has said you guys did it in EFL 1 and 2!! I can only imagine it was the start of ratty penny pinching.

Train travel on the day of a long distance away game sounds like not ideal operation for me. Wasn’t the timings that, even if train had been on time they would have only arrived less than 2 hours before KO?
Overnight gives you time for light training in the morning, as opposed to sat on your Harris for 3 or 4 hours, light lunch in relaxed environment, final run through of preparation etc.
I’m not aware of Col U doing it and I’m surprised KM has said you guys did it in EFL 1 and 2!! I can only imagine it was the start of ratty penny pinching.

Wasn't Just about just saving money. More about the benefits to the players.

Not all games will suit train travel but just like previous mangers if Kev wants Friday travel and overnighters. Then that's what they will do.

Probably enough room on the Col U supporters coach to accommodate their players as well as the couple of fans that travel :Smile:

Is that right though?

They purchased the club for a £1 knowing the debts (I’m sure a few have been hidden) but the majority.

“Spending £3m they didn’t plan” isn’t the case.

They had to spend £3m whilst NOT owning the club. That’s ****.

But that £3m they would’ve had to spend if the deal went through when it was initially agreed - which is what they would’ve budgeted from…
But that £3m was earmarked for other things and not what it needed to be spent on. They knew what the debts were, of course, but I'm sure they didn't bank on having to clear a huge chunk of them AND run the club AND pay the wages, all before they owned the club.

This isn't Wrexham, we aren't owned by a billionaire to whom the odd £1m is annoying. That £3m is important and it matters. It's delayed things massively in my opinion.

But that £3m was earmarked for other things and not what it needed to be spent on. They knew what the debts were, of course, but I'm sure they didn't bank on having to clear a huge chunk of them AND run the club AND pay the wages, all before they owned the club.

This isn't Wrexham, we aren't owned by a billionaire to whom the odd £1m is annoying. That £3m is important and it matters. It's delayed things massively in my opinion.
It's a shame COSU can't find the balls to say so specifically. We'd all understand, and expectations would then be appropriately managed. We don't need all the details - in fact not much more than the words you typed coming from their own pen on the OS would be enough.

Thats the whole point of travelling by train. You travel on the day to save an overnight stay.

Of course you already know this and all the benefits by not doing overnighters. So why have you made it your personal crusade against the idea
Yes you can travel by train on the day but why leave it so late to leave? Should have left much earlier in the morning incase something like that happened. It’s poor organisation to really chance it that that particular train will be fine.

If i was a Flyde supporter would've been pretty annoyed game called off for that

C'mon...the point is they needed to make it on time, and by chancing it on the train, there was always going to be an element of doubt.
You saw that, of course?
PS. Why 50? There are 23 scheduled away games the last I looked.
There’s always an element of doubt travelling by road as well. Or air as well, for the flying enthusiasts. Life has risk. You’ll never eliminate it entirely. You make reasonable adjustments (eg plan to arrive two hours before kick off).

50 as players need to get to home games as well as away games and we have cup games as well.

Back