• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread AFC Fylde v Southend United, Tuesday 17th September K/O 7:45pm

Starting XI and result

• Total voters
Hopefully this is a lesson learned and we won't be travelling to places 5 hours away getting to the ground and hour before KO because even that is a pretty poor look IMO.

I am not too sure the savings of a coach the day before and a hotel compared to the train but I can't see it being too much of a concern for COSU?.

It may be a blessing in disguise considering out ridiculous injury list but if we are to be a top side on the pitch then we need the same standards off it because this is amateur.

I remember something similar. The team piled out of the train at Preston only to find that the coach hired to take them to Morecombe (or perhaps Fleetwood) had not turned up. There was a panic to round up every taxi in Preston. The game kicked off on time.

Great but the train times meant that the players would have got to Fylde at 13:50.

Still got to get from the station to the ground.

Allowing an hour leeway is poor.
I think they’d have likely arranged road transport from Preston to the ground.

I also suspect the train was already running late as trains seem to run to Preston on the half hour with quite possibly the train they had booked on having been cancelled (like the one I was supposed to be on).

Assume it’s due to cost, but find it odd that the players are travelling on the day. Hardly ideal for optimal performance.
Apparently it’s because the Blackpool illuminations got turned on last night and accommodating was more expensive.
Absolute shambles from the club!!

The team presumably travelled the same vs Hartlepool and were fine. But it's not worth the risk.

With the cost of rail travel these days I can't imagine there's much of a saving to be made unless there's considerable group discounts.

Great but the train times meant that the players would have got to Fylde at 13:50.

Still got to get from the station to the ground.

Allowing an hour leeway is poor.

And displays a lack of awareness of our shambolic train network. Aways allow at least two hours leeway.

Come off it. How many times have you used the train and failed to arrive. Never is my estimate. Out of interest Avanti is part owned by Trenitalia so we might have got a discount.

I've worked in London on and off for 15 years. There's at least one issue a week.

Oh and i'm not traveling 5 or 6 hours then having to play professional sport.

It's this Non league mentality and acceptance of cutting corners that highlights how far we have fallen.

Back