• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Adam Crowther Signs

Transfer news
If John Still is 15 stone. that’s about £ 4,900,000.
that’s ludicrous. or is it with sell on fees etc these days

I’ll be in the minority, but I think we need to slow up a bit with the John Still love-in.

I for one think it’s great he is here, but as has been said, he was also on ShrimperStats list as one to sign in the summer, suggesting most other clubs would have know about him as well. Likewise with Shiloh Remy and Levi, they were on our radar but went to another club, suggesting other teams at our level knew all about the; and so they should. We can’t put every good thing down to him and consequently every bad thing either.

I see these as very good but quite routine type signings for clubs at our level.

The type that strikes me more as a John Still type signing is someone like Jack Wood, from a division or two lower, really young, where you don’t have access to video footage from the games as easily. Players you have had to see in person to hear about.

That’s the type where I’ll say “Cracking find John” if it comes off.

That decision to join Daggers isn’t ageing well is it?
Watched them play Barnet last night - at fault for Barnet’s winner by a former shrimper, Zak Brunt.

That said, apparently he’s fitting in well there by all accounts. Been told he’s shown himself to be a tricky winger, intelligent runs and very direct at taking players on. Definitely one I’d have liked us to sign, but we move on.

Another apology due to @londonshrimper.

This is another one of the THREE (not 5) that JS (not the consortium) said would come in ahead of the Chesterfield game when the embargo is lifted. Two of them have arrived now and one has gone to Daggers.

Can’t confess to having seen him play, but on paper looks an excellent signing. Big, tall centre half, who is comfortable on the ball as well. Will provide a threat at set pieces, if our quality of delivery improves.

A big target on the whiteboard, and one that can have a big tick next to it, instead of it having to be replaced.

Good work from the footballing department.
Yeah fair play @londonshrimper.. I know I gave some stick a few days back about wording etc and I can be a pedantic *******, but always stated LS clearly has excellent sources and his intentions seem good (giving us fans something to chew on after a bleak few years).

Onwards we go, likewise I've not seen Crowther play but seems to tick all the boxes on paper, exciting times!

Watched them play Barnet last night - at fault for Barnet’s winner by a former shrimper, Zak Brunt.

That said, apparently he’s fitting in well there by all accounts. Been told he’s shown himself to be a tricky winger, intelligent runs and very direct at taking players on. Definitely one I’d have liked us to sign, but we move on.
If we had signed him, wonder if he would have fitted in as we don't play wingers. Could have been another Mooney.

I’ll be in the minority, but I think we need to slow up a bit with the John Still love-in.

I for one think it’s great he is here, but as has been said, he was also on ShrimperStats list as one to sign in the summer, suggesting most other clubs would have know about him as well. Likewise with Shiloh Remy and Levi, they were on our radar but went to another club, suggesting other teams at our level knew all about the; and so they should. We can’t put every good thing down to him and consequently every bad thing either.

I see these as very good but quite routine type signings for clubs at our level.

The type that strikes me more as a John Still type signing is someone like Jack Wood, from a division or two lower, really young, where you don’t have access to video footage from the games as easily. Players you have had to see in person to hear about.

I think you’ve misunderstood JS’s role. It’s not to uncover players nobody has heard of but to identify those who can make the step up both in terms of ability and attitude. He’s done this successfully with Scott-Morriss, Husin, Cardwell, Kensdale etc who are 4 of the best players in this side and would be expected to be mainstays if we got promoted as well.

Only Lomas and Powell from our signings from the NL N/S haven’t worked out so far and with Lomas that’s likely only because of injury.

If it’s all so easy how come the new Kidderminster never managed to uncover gems like Kensdale, GSM, Cardwell and Noor?

I think you’ve misunderstood JS’s role. It’s not to uncover players nobody has heard of but to identify those who can make the step up both in terms of ability and attitude. He’s done this successfully with Scott-Morriss, Husin, Cardwell, Kensdale etc who are 4 of the best players in this side and would be expected to be mainstays if we got promoted as well.

Only Lomas and Powell from our signings from the NL N/S haven’t worked out so far and with Lomas that’s likely only because of injury.

If it’s all so easy how come the new Kidderminster never managed to uncover gems like Kensdale, GSM, Cardwell and Noor?

I don’t think Callum Powell is a bad player. IMO he’s a squad player at National League level for a club of our size. A decent option off the bench but he’s started more than he may have done normally due to necessity and you know who.

I still think he could do a job next season, it just depends if he’d wanna stick around if it was likely he wasn’t gonna start.

I think John Still’s ‘superpower’ is not necessary knowing what decent players are out there, it’s knowing what players are required on a limited budget to win this league or at least get promotion from it. He’s built two NL winning teams on a budget and that experience is invaluable. It’s knowing who will fit in to the style of play we want, their attitude, etc etc. That’s where JS is worth his weight in gold.

Back