• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Adam Crowther Signs

Transfer news
Another apology due to @londonshrimper.

This is another one of the THREE (not 5) that JS (not the consortium) said would come in ahead of the Chesterfield game when the embargo is lifted. Two of them have arrived now and one has gone to Daggers.

Can’t confess to having seen him play, but on paper looks an excellent signing. Big, tall centre half, who is comfortable on the ball as well. Will provide a threat at set pieces, if our quality of delivery improves.

A big target on the whiteboard, and one that can have a big tick next to it, instead of it having to be replaced.

Good work from the footballing department.

If we can add a couple of forwards to the mix in the next week or two, I think we have a nice foundation there to piece together a good run in. Exciting signings with one eye on the future just what we’ve been craving for years.

Very happy to get this one over the line (someone who I mentioned in the summer)! Crowther will add great depth to an already strong defence, is comfortable on the ball, tall, strong, and effective in both penalty areas.

With Crowther’s arrival, we’ve now got very good depth across the back three:
🔹 Taylor, Crowther, (Lomas)
🔹 Kensdale, Kabongolo
🔹 Ralph

This depth will give us a level of tactical flexibility that Kev’s rarely been afforded so far this season due to the transfer embargo.

Full scout report from me to come before the weekend. 🔜

This is another one of the THREE (not 5) that JS (not the consortium) said would come in ahead of the Chesterfield game when the embargo is lifted. Two of them have arrived now and one has gone to Daggers.

Can’t confess to having seen him play, but on paper looks an excellent signing. Big, tall centre half, who is comfortable on the ball as well. Will provide a threat at set pieces, if our quality of delivery improves.

A big target on the whiteboard, and one that can have a big tick next to it, instead of it having to be replaced.

spot on as always BW. Do you think a striker before Saturday is likely or might we have to wait a little longer?

Are we going to pitch in and sponsor his home or away kit? I seem to recall something about it.
The home shirt has already gone, we are inline for any other signing as we are about third on their list for sponsoring new players, although they have to satisfy another first for Mooneys departure.

I think we will be extremely lucky to get a home player this season and think we may go for an away one as it makes little difference to the prizes on offer.

Last edited:
Excellent news - welcome to the club.

Gives the management team options or at the very least the possibility of resting players with niggles/knocks/dead legs etcetera.

I have already asked the club..awaiting a response.

We don't hang about on here. :Smile:
Well, if we do get a positive, I'm in for one which I assume will be 10 quid. Me and the good lady are away for the next 6 weeks in Asia so can send it in advance before we leave.

That decision to join Daggers isn’t ageing well is it?

Back