• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

A 'What If' Poll for next season

If Ron Martin is still involved with our club next season, will you attend games?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ron does NOT = Southend United.
The two are very seperate, and the more seperate they become the better, And sooner is better still.
Support SUFC, support the players, the managers, the staff, all the unsung folk who keep us alive.
How can Ron and Southend United be ‘very seperate’ if Ron continues to own and be involved with Southend United?

We know that Club employees read ShimperZone so this poll is an opportunity to send out a simple message to Ron Martin. If he is still involved with the club after the current sale process will you still attend games at Roots Hall?

The thread doesn't need masses of 'Ron out' stuff, there are more than enough threads on that now. It's just a simple poll, yes or no with no wriggle room, so that Ronny knows the score from the ShrimperZone faithful.
If i was in sos area No

I voted yes, but only because I renewed season ticket on the last day to secure seat. I think the toxicity will be bursting amongst the stands. Not that he would show up anyway.
Fight from within!

If he is still here next season then I'm not setting foot in the hall, let alone renewing my season card.

Just away games for me.

I've bought my season ticket already so it's a yes from me. However, if he stays in control with a majority shareholding then I'd have to give serious consideration as to whether or not I'd renew next year.

Is he sells up completely or keeps only a minority holding then its ideal
'

If the polling on SZ & Twitter was a 100% true reflection (of course it isn't as there's only 600+ votes across the platforms so far) of the entire fanbase's feelings, then approximately 4,000 fans will be staying away next season, if Ron was to remain involved...

Either way @RHB I think that's a pretty resounding two fingers up to RM thus far.

It should also serve as a massive alarm bell to any interested entity (If you are watching 👀) that is perhaps considering allowing RM to maintain any level of control of the club, as part of any deal...⏰

I think too many supporters on here are forgetting what Ron's done in the past! Does anyone remember the double promotion and getting to the new championship! I'm sure it was ron who was backing the club then! New owners may come in but there are no guarantees we will achieve those lofty heights again!

I think too many supporters on here are forgetting what Ron's done in the past! Does anyone remember the double promotion and getting to the new championship! I'm sure it was ron who was backing the club then! New owners may come in but there are no guarantees we will achieve those lofty heights again!
I don't think many are too concerned about getting to the Championship right now Steve. More getting bills paid, staff paid, embargo removed, players in and half a chance of getting out of this ****hole league before we all die.

Under Ron, none of the above is happening, as he has clearly checked out mentally and financially.

I don't think many are too concerned about getting to the Championship right now Steve. More getting bills paid, staff paid, embargo removed, players in and half a chance of getting out of this ****hole league before we all die.

Under Ron, none of the above is happening, as he has clearly checked out mentally and financially.
I agree he needs to go!

I don't think anyone forgets that, but what may be forgotten, as l have said elsewhere, he stumbled across the Tilly and Brush Combo by accident, not part of a plan.

Tilly was installed as caretaker, when Ron was no doubt trying to attract a bigger name, but with a club legend moving us up the table to safety and taking us to Cardiff he had no option to appoint permanently.

As you quite rightly state, we then got to the Championship. Ron had said he planned that to take 5 years, we did it in 2.

When we got there, he again had no plan and we came straight back down. And lost all our decent players for nothing, where we should have been getting fees and securing a future. Even if it was in L1.

At least with Vic we achieved a longer stay. 6 years compared to one.

Ron has ridden his luck and his time should be up.

l am sick and tired of this chancer!

Last edited:
Back