• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

A 'What If' Poll for next season

If Ron Martin is still involved with our club next season, will you attend games?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
We know that Club employees read ShimperZone so this poll is an opportunity to send out a simple message to Ron Martin. If he is still involved with the club after the current sale process will you still attend games at Roots Hall?

The thread doesn't need masses of 'Ron out' stuff, there are more than enough threads on that now. It's just a simple poll, yes or no with no wriggle room, so that Ronny knows the score from the ShrimperZone faithful.

His reputation with the fanbase, local businesses and footballing community is toxic and there's nothing he could do to salvage it. It's a no from me Bob.

I’d still go .. but I wouldn’t buy a season ticket - as I’ve said before. I couldn’t stop going altogether. So “yes” for this poll but sure wouldn’t be happy.

I haven’t renewed my season ticket with baby number two on the way in august.

However, I’ve been swept away with the talk of new owners, and once that went through, I would have renewed, and if I could, got a season ticket for my 3 year old who hasn’t been yet.

I don’t think I’d actually make that many games, and my season ticket would run “at a loss”.

However, IF RM stays in some capacity I won’t be getting a season ticket, and I won’t be making a case to the wife to say I should go to this game or that game unfortunately.

Absolutely ****ing not. Haven't renewed for the very reason I could see RM ****ing buyers around. If he messes this up, I could be done, for good.

He stays, the club will see even bigger losses and the smallest gates in many years. I'd suggest the protests would be off the scale also. It would be catastrophic if he remains for so many reasons. Not least the staff who have had to work under him.

He goes, or we go could be the stance held by many. It won't be pleasant, it will be divisive, it will be toxic.

Go. Now. You are not wanted.

The damage is done by Ron Martin, he must not f*** about with the deal, as I and few others that support Southend Utd in Sudbury (I moved there from Leigh on sea last year), if he stay, I and others won’t go, we just watch our local side AFC Sudbury instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've not been to Roots Hall for a couple of seasons, although I have been to several away games in that time. With my son having been born in January, it was unlikely that I would have been going to many games next season either, but I certainly won't be wasting the brownie points with the wife if Ron is still the owner.

I would not be buying 3 season tickets which I have saved up for and so have voted no. However I do feel that I may attend a select few away games.

The damage is done by Ron Martin, he must not f*** about with the deal, as I and few others that support Southend Utd in Sudbury (I moved there from Leigh on sea last year), if he stay, I and others won’t go, we just watch our local side AFC Sudbury instead.
I’m just down the road from you and if RM is still involved come the start of the season I’ll start going to watch my local club, Halstead Town.

I want him gone. But I don't regard supporting the club as a choice like picking a nice wine. I have supported the club for over 50 years, it's my club, I was born in Leigh-on-Sea.
My son in law supports Man U and has never been to Manchester. Not for me. Its my home club and we are stuck with each other unfortunately...
Absolutely, this.

I couldn't support another team the way I do with Southend.

The ups and downs, the way my afternoon can be affected by a poor performance or weekend made by a solid win.

It's the hope and the pain that makes this club addictive. Although I could do with a a bit more of the hope at the moment!

No chance. Maybe some away games but Ron would not be seeing a penny from me. He needs squeezing out of this club one way or another.

Back