• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

A Role for Ron

Userorange

Keep away from me you fooking prawn
With so many changes ahead of us I thought we could take a moment to consider where Ron will end up after our immediate future is settled.

I’ll start us off in the land of reality. I believe he will become Life President of the club, overseeing the rough passage ahead and guiding us to smoother waters.

What role would you give Ron Martin, either here or elsewhere?

I think the new owners could ask him to appear in these at each home game for the 1st season

1689752142340.png

The new owners could charge £1 to throw a sponge of water, £2 for a sponge of dirty water, £3 for a couple of rotten tomatoes and £4.50 for a Roots Hall burger.

They could make a fair amount of their initial outlay for the club back within the 1st season.

I think the new owners could ask him to appear in these at each home game for the 1st season

View attachment 27457

The new owners could charge £1 to throw a sponge of water, £2 for a sponge of dirty water, £3 for a couple of rotten tomatoes and £4.50 for a Roots Hall burger.

They could make a fair amount of their initial outlay for the club back within the 1st season.
I'd prefer to throw cabbages, hot bovril and gravel

All joking aside I sincerely hope there will be no role in the long term (I'm pretty sure he wouldn't want one!) But if anyone thinks there will be a clean break with no involvement from him at all in the next 3-4 years they need to think again. Even if Kimura had raken the original deal and it would all have gone smoothly, he would still be landlord at RH until Fossetts was built.

The only way RM is not involved is if the club dies and I don't think we want that.

Personally I'll just take him not running the club or having any material say in those that do.

For those who say they'll stay away until he's completely gone, be prepared for a long wait.

He could have the job of replacing the blue things put in the urinals.

We could all piddle on him forever.

#MartinOutlittleturd

Back