• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

A genuine relegation battle

I'm not 100% convinced but I think Dorking winning might have been better than York winning - draw was probs best result. Rationale is it keeps York well within reach, if they'd won they'd have been 6pts clear of us. So as it stands it's 4 down from about 9 teams rather than 8 if York had won.

After looking at the league table I have a few observations to make:-
1) yes I know the 10 pts are gone, BUT with 44 points I would still have seriously fancied us for the play-offs.
2) We have the best defensive record in the league.
3) Aldershot (in a play-off position) have almost conceded TWICE as many goals as us.
4) York City, Boreham Wood and Maidenhead lost tonight and are also in a relegation battle.
5) In fact anyone from 10th place Rochdale downwards could end up relegated.
6) Probably most relevant is that we still have 16 games to play, and to start with all of the next three games are very winnable.

But yes we need to start winning and I think the York loss more than any of the recent defeats, will have truly hit home that we can’t just stroll through the remainder of this season dreaming of the promotion challenge ahead next season.

1) yes I know the 10 pts are gone, BUT with 44 points I would still have seriously fancied us for the play-offs.
3) Aldershot (in a play-off position) have almost conceded TWICE as many goals as us.
4) York City, Boreham Wood and Maidenhead lost tonight and are also in a relegation battle.
6) Probably most relevant is that we still have 16 games to play, and to start with all of the next three games are very winnable.

But yes we need to start winning and I think the York loss more than any of the recent defeats, will have truly hit home that we can’t just stroll through the remainder of this season dreaming of the promotion challenge ahead next season.

I get your point about the defence but we keep losing 1-0 it's not really best point.

A lot of teams may have an inferior goal difference but lots of teams at the top regular conceded goals and scored far more.

We have very little threat from midfield, our front line doesn't seem to have a threat or get service and plan A ie give the ball to bridge has been well and truly sussed out and nullified.

We have to commit bodies forward and adopt a shoot on sight policy. Posession football doesn't win games without a willingness or inability to score.

Imagine if we get relegated with the best defence in the league? That has never happened

I stand corrected but thought he made way when Miley back got back in the side, either way ive a feeling he would be down the pecking order in Kev's middle 3, hence why a slight tweak in formation gives them all barring Wes a start in an attack minded midfield
No. Has had a quad injury for a while so currently trying to get to the bottom of it.

Back