• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The manager is doing a good job overall, but I'm not clear why we signed Amos, Hines, Nouble in the window when none of them are likely to start, and we had promising youngsters wanting a place on the bench already. In last season's January window he did the same thing - added more average players who provided more quantity and little extra quality - I'm surprised he hasn't learned. Unless he thinks he's keeping the rest of them on their toes by doing this.
Really?.. just like Christmas time in 2015 to 2016, he still believed we were in for at least a sniff of the play off's. He bought them in to bulk up the squad we currently lost at the time (and he bought them in loan). Remember we had Oxley out and in hindsight (he is still out) Ferdinand, White, Thompson, Innis, & our top scorer Mooney was also out also!) Adding to that we had the "Ranger-gate" trial.

Give him a break, basically he made the best of a bad situation, and in hindsight, I'm sure, he would have spent the additional funds that he may (or might not have had in other area's of the team).

Maybe Noel Hunt - check Chris Phillips Twitter page - interesting link to an interview for Pompey local rag

https://twitter.com/CJPhillips1982/status/842674275689664512

https://twitter.com/pn_neil_allen/status/842673414590685184

Click on the second link will take you the article.

He said: ‘Last year I didn’t enjoy it at Southend because I felt there was no ambition from the manager (Phil Brown).

Read more at: http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/f...ing-that-familiar-promotion-feeling-1-7870249

What a mug. It's to work hard when you are injured all season sitting on the highest wages. Enjoy your L2 "ambition"

That's Portsmouth, of course, who are in the same division we left two years ago, under our unambitious manager!

I saw Hunt come on as sub against Chesterfield, last season, when Wozza went off injured.

He gave the air of someone who couldn't give a f**k and quite frankly, could have been subbed himself.

Injury prone freeloader and one of the biggest disappointments in recent years.

Actually, let's have a look at those Noel Hunt stats for Portsmouth, a little more closely.

2 starts and 16 subs appearances.

1 goal and that was a tap in!

5 most recent transfers have all been freebies.

So, whose career has been an unambitious let down, eh!?

Ironically on that sort of return, they'd probably bin him, if they got promoted! :smile:

What a load of nonsense. Hunt's been stealing a living for the past 3 years and has only been fit enough start a handful of games every season. He's bigging up Paul Cook because he fancies another 12 month contract to sit on the subs bench and top up his bank balance.
I was relieved when he opted to leave....you can't build a team around someone like Hunt. He's got a glass ankle and a huge ego. Two starts this season and he's talking as though he's played a huge part in Portsmouth's season!

Whilst not disagreeing with the three posts above, he still feels sore about it 10 months on to even mention it and it is another example of dressing room unrest a year ago. Bizarrely Brown wanted to keep him on - what's that about?

2 nil down at home and the moaners were in full cry at The Hall.
Did these people really think that PB was happy with the way it was going?
He must have had words at half time, gave it a short while and made the changes...................
Why he started with Inniss and just Nile up top is conjecture? I guess they have "shown" in training.

2 nil down at home and the moaners were in full cry at The Hall.
Did these people really think that PB was happy with the way it was going?
He must have had words at half time, gave it a short while and made the changes...................
Why he started with Inniss and just Nile up top is conjecture? I guess they have "shown" in training.

He made a tactical error with the starting formation. He also said in his post match interview that the subs were made to stop Inniss getting a red card. The changes did the trick, we pushed on and got back in the game and won

"No ambition from the manager" - Noel Hunt.
I know the board is split but love PB or loathe Pb - NO AMBITION? Many would say PB has a tad too much ambition ; ))

Perhaps Tango Man should become Marmite Man?

Clearly PB has loads of personal ambition - however I and understand Hunt and others such as Barry Corr thinking PB's most desired ambition of winning games 1-0 through keeping a clean sheet and scoring from a set piece the way Sam and he did at Bolton were lacking ambition.

Tony Pulis in a press article a few weeks ago said he didn't care how they won - most chairman want results they don't care about tactics style of play or entertainment and that's what he delivers 1-0 suits him fine. Some fans are more discerning though.

https://twitter.com/CJPhillips1982/status/842674275689664512

https://twitter.com/pn_neil_allen/status/842673414590685184

Click on the second link will take you the article.

He said: ‘Last year I didn’t enjoy it at Southend because I felt there was no ambition from the manager (Phil Brown).

Read more at: http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/f...ing-that-familiar-promotion-feeling-1-7870249

I've just read this. And that's coming from Mr sick note himself who couldn't keep himself fit for more than a quarter of a season. I'm glad we didn't sign him now because I feel we have better strikers who can manage to stay fit. In my eyes he was a flop last season and a disappointment.

He made a tactical error with the starting formation. He also said in his post match interview that the subs were made to stop Inniss getting a red card. The changes did the trick, we pushed on and got back in the game and won

***** I'm in shock, another positive post :thumbsup:

Perhaps Tango Man should become Marmite Man?

Clearly PB has loads of personal ambition - however I and understand Hunt and others such as Barry Corr thinking PB's most desired ambition of winning games 1-0 through keeping a clean sheet and scoring from a set piece the way Sam and he did at Bolton were lacking ambition.

Tony Pulis in a press article a few weeks ago said he didn't care how they won - most chairman want results they don't care about tactics style of play or entertainment and that's what he delivers 1-0 suits him fine. Some fans are more discerning though.

The thing is that neither Hunt nor BBBC have been involved with Southend this season. If they had, they would have seen that exciting forward play is the name of the game from PB now. There was a post on the Walsall board which pointed out that Southend won because they we have put all our resources into buying scoring power this season. PB may be marmite to some Blues supporters, you don't sound too keen on him, but we are in 6th place today as a result of his actions. That will do for me for the moment.

Back