• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Your favourites by The Who, Beatles and Stones...

How can you not like The Beatles? That's akin to not liking breathing.

I've never been a huge fan of the loveable scouse LSD munchers, although I have developed more of an appreciation in recent years (must be something to do with getting old). I find their early 'poppy' stuff a bit 'poopy' and although there's plenty of good stuff from Rubber Soul/Revolver onwards, none of it grabs me by the throat like the best work of the Stones or the Who.

Have to agree in some parts: Teenybop Beatles really doesn't cut it for me but they matured so quickly and became literally musical geniuses (genii?) in the space it took the Stones to rip off Black American music (but wonderfully well of course).

From the teenybop of "I wanna hold your hand", to the multi-sampled overlayed genius of "Tomorrow Never Knows" in the space of about 5(?) years. Amazing.

I do feel a little bit as though there is going to be a QI style buzzer going off as I write these but I would go...

The Who - Baba O'Riley (Although I really could have had any of five)
The Stones - Paint It Black (Have to admit I'm not anywhere near as familiar)
The Beatles - A Day in the Life (Karl and Susan Kennedy agreed that Sgt Pepper's was the best album of all time)

I'm not a massive fan of the poppy side of the Beatles and I believe that (possibly) Lennon himself even commented that he couldn't believe how some of the songs they were releasing kept on selling. To be honest, I think it taught the record industry a disturbing amount about how to sell records with image and reputation rather than music. Goes back a little to the Johnny Rotten thread I suppose.

This is hard! I spotted this thread yesterday and thought it was right up my alley, but the more I think about it, the harder I'm finding it to narrow the choices down to one for each band - I reckon I could just about do an 'in no particular order top ten' for each...

In the end after sleeping on it, I've copped out a bit and reduced my choices by selecting a (fairly obvious) theme:

The Who - "Behind Blue Eyes"
The Beatles - "For You Blue"
The Rolling Stones - "Stray Cat Blues"

Although I was also tempted by the far more obscure theme of:

The Who - "Soldier Of Love"
The Beatles - "Anna"
The Rolling Stones - "You Better Move On"

#

Have you seen this clip Firestorm...surprisingly pretty damn good :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnnjC0jEnfU

KoinoPinchHitter appears to be a legend of some description

Thank you very much for a glad comment.
A present rhythm corps to say nothing of an initial member is very steady.
However, I have give my whole mind by play of an initial drummer.
The origin of his pet name might be from The Beatles.
However, his drum style sometimes recalls Keith Moon.
It is not heavily heavy.
However, it is wild drum play that has the garage sense.

※Of course, this is my opinion.

I'm sorry by poor English as usual.

Or Lee Mead!!!! :D

whoosh.gif

back at ya !!!!!

Back