• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I'm still not convinced with Barney. He just seems to love getting himself in trouble and I've heard from quite a few that Southampton couldn't wait to get rid, as he was a complete nightmare 75% of the time. Thought it was a risky signing at the time given the fact that our team spirit and togetherness were being highly praised by all involved at every turn. Really hope I'm wrong, but when the going gets tough, I'm not sure Barnard is the sort of player you want in your squad.

That said, great player back in the day. If he can behave and start finding his form then we'll have a cracking League 2 player on our hands. Time's running out a bit though.

I also have heard these things!

Since Barney returned we have not won!, Very strange.

I also have heard these things!

Since Barney returned we have not won!, Very strange.

That's crossed my mind once or twice. Really don't want to make a scapegoat of him when I admit I know nothing about what goes on behind the scenes at Southend.

Hopefully I'm putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 5!

That's crossed my mind once or twice. Really don't want to make a scapegoat of him when I admit I know nothing about what goes on behind the scenes at Southend.

Hopefully I'm putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 5!

2+2=7

Nobody knows the behind the scenes situation,I certainly don't .

Looking at the title of the thread, this is a nonsense. There is no question here, just a statement

"I am sure that there must be some returning Blues who did well in their second spells with us but I can't think of many.

Paul Clark springs to mind and to a lesser degree Tony Hadley and of course David Webb first time back.

Can anyone jog my memory to any others .....and I am excluding players that we had on loan and then signed full time."

The above looks like a quetsion to me......still what do I know?:stupidme:

"I am sure that there must be some returning Blues who did well in their second spells with us but I can't think of many.

Paul Clark springs to mind and to a lesser degree Tony Hadley and of course David Webb first time back.

Can anyone jog my memory to any others .....and I am excluding players that we had on loan and then signed full time."

The above looks like a quetsion to me......still what do I know?:stupidme:

Never let a question get in the way of a good put down!

I'm still not convinced with Barney. He just seems to love getting himself in trouble and I've heard from quite a few that Southampton couldn't wait to get rid, as he was a complete nightmare 75% of the time. Thought it was a risky signing at the time given the fact that our team spirit and togetherness were being highly praised by all involved at every turn. Really hope I'm wrong, but when the going gets tough, I'm not sure Barnard is the sort of player you want in your squad.

That said, great player back in the day. If he can behave and start finding his form then we'll have a cracking League 2 player on our hands. Time's running out a bit though.

Our form wasn't good before he came either though and hasnt been since November. It certainly got worse after the Hull game but can a player, who has only started a few of those games, really have such an effect on an entire squad? Doesnt sound plausible to me.

Our form wasn't good before he came either though and hasnt been since November. It certainly got worse after the Hull game but can a player, who has only started a few of those games, really have such an effect on an entire squad? Doesnt sound plausible to me.

Pre Barney
26 games 45 points

Post Barney
12 games 8 points.

Pre Barney
26 games 45 points

Post Barney
12 games 8 points.

Yes you have included the good run we went on to justify your point. However from the last game in November onwards form dipped suddenly.

Between 30th November and January before Hull we only 3 games in 8.

What about From 24th August to 27th September when we didnt win in 6 games and got 2 points out of 18, was that Barnards fault?

Its certainly worse in the last 12 games but we were hardly flying when he joined.

Oh, could you tell me the points the team got whilst Woodrow was here and after he left, because by going on your analysis him leaving was the reason we went to pot as we got more points when he was here than when he left eh ?

Since 30th Nov up till the draw against Dagenham..8 games 13 points,That ratio over a season will give you 72 points normally a play off position.

Ok lets put it another way, it got worse after Woodrow left, and based on your logic we were a better team with him in it in that case right ? I mean if thats how you judge a players impact then that makes sense.

Or do you only use the points the team gets for certain players?

Yes but it

a)was still on the decline

and

b) it got worse after Woodrow left, and based on your logic we were a better team with him in it in that case right ? I mean if thats how you judge a players impact then that makes sense.

If Phil had played Woodrow as an out and out forward who know's we could have been champions by now:winking:

Yorkshire Blue 18/01/14 said:
Our success has been built on being a team. Throwing in an outsider loses you that as he doesn't know his team-mates, he doesn't know the system and can upset that team spirit in the squad.

Anyway, it's more than one signing. We've signed 6 players since January, plus made Thompson permanent.

Back