• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News York City Supporters' Trust hold collection to help Southend United

What an embarrasment! We was a championship club now we need help from York City! Thanks york
In most cases i have chosen not to respond to any of your comments on Shrimperzone, but this is probably one case in which i agree with you.

If you truly believe what you are saying you should join us at the protest today and shout your message loud and clear.

And lets be clear we should also be thankfull and respectful to all others who are wanting to help our cause.

Last edited:
I’ve just looked at our fans’ website. Our new owner has pledged to match whatever the bucket collection raises. He’s mad keen on community and it’s the first time it’s ever happened here, so stay strong, whilst our better days are here now, yours will be round the corner

I’ve just looked at our fans’ website. Our new owner has pledged to match whatever the bucket collection raises. He’s mad keen on community and it’s the first time it’s ever happened here, so stay strong, whilst our better days are here now, yours will be round the corner
Please pass on our thanks

The FSA networks are urging fan reps to take to social media to express support, so you may be seeing a lot more of that today.

It's moral, rather than practical support, but hopefully it helps a bit with morale. I know from experience how lonely this sort of situation can feel.

Last edited:
This just shows what an amazing community football fans are. Sure we hate each other match days but we also know how important a team is to their supporters. Wrexham and other clubs last year helped, now York.

Ron Martin is an utter disgrace, the club could of been sold months ago, the staff and players paid, a new beginning. But no, for about the 6th season running we are handicapped by one man's insatiable greed at the suffering of loyal staff and fans.

That is amazing. 👏 I hope our owner is suitably embarrassed but somehow I doubt it

The FSA networks are urging fan reps to take to social media to express support, so you may be seeing a lot more of that today.

It's moral, rather than practical support, but hopefully it helps a bit with morale. I know from experience how lonely this sort of situation can feel.
Moral support is just as powerful, if not more powerful in such circumstances. Fans who have been through this before, are going through it now and may go through it in the future.

I feel a domino effect coming on. Thanks York and to all football supporters following our plight. The moral support and the spread of our dilemma on social media is going to have a very powerful effect.

Actually on the subject of social media could someone more comp savvy than me (a blind chimp for example) feed that wonderful open letter from the Staff member to Ron to all and every one of the media contacts they made yesterday and before.

That 4 months not paid message posted in the public eye would be just fine perfect.

I think that’s the single most shameful, despicable item of the entire **** fest despite very strong condition.

I can’t think of any adjectives strong enough that conveys my disgust and utter contempt for this disgusting creature.

I understand Brentford have a bucket collection planned on our behalf.
A friend sent me a link to the Brentford fans forum yesterday where this was a topic. Had a look today and couldn’t find it… just a new thread with a guy saying he’d followed the Bees v Southend for a match and was hospitalised for a week after being stabbed in the stomach with a broken bottle outside the Railway. Sentiment seemed to turn against us a bit then 😯

Back