• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I've never understood why Block X is not entirely devoted to TBV for all games who could stand and sing their hearts out, freeing up Block W to other supporters. We would still have the corner as a significant segregation area especially as Away supporters are usually housed towards the East side of the North Stand and it is filled towards the West as demand increases. Even with a full away end, it should still be perfectly reasonable. Nothing is more irritating that seeing Block X all the way around to the centre of the North bank completely empty on most match days. It spoils the atmosphere.

I completely agree with this. The w block is not great. The x has walls on either side and it would make much more sense to dedicate that as the blue voice section.

Southend Utd is a club with potential, with a massive catchment. Unlike some of the club above us in the table or below us. Our crowds always rise as we move up the league. Who can remember 1993/94 season, we get s**t crowds, even we was flying high in old Division One under Barry Fry, just image what our crowd be like if we was flying high in Championship, playing the best attscking football in a new stadium at Fossett farm!

Southend Utd is a club with potential, with a massive catchment. Unlike some of the club above us in the table or below us. Our crowds always rise as we move up the league. Who can remember 1993/94 season, we get s**t crowds, even we was flying high in old Division One under Barry Fry, just image what our crowd be like if we was flying high in Championship, playing the best attscking football in a new stadium at Fossett farm!

I'd say 15k+ and regular crowds of 10k top of league 1

I've never understood why Block X is not entirely devoted to TBV for all games who could stand and sing their hearts out, freeing up Block W to other supporters. We would still have the corner as a significant segregation area especially as Away supporters are usually housed towards the East side of the North Stand and it is filled towards the West as demand increases. Even with a full away end, it should still be perfectly reasonable. Nothing is more irritating that seeing Block X all the way around to the centre of the North bank completely empty on most match days. It spoils the atmosphere.

It has been suggested that this could be a way forward.

W block holds 307 and with it being enforced this year that only people with W block tickets are allowed in W block to prevent over crowding it has become apparent that W block tickets are at a premium and it is always full. So TBV is starting to spread along V and U, this could be argued that this is a good thing and is spreading the singers about a bit others are not so sure and want the singers to be together. Being a bit fragmented this season has certainly made it more difficult to get the singing co-ordinated.

The bit of X that is currently on sale holds 286 so is a bit smaller than the current TBV home in W however the next bit of X is 344 which, if all of X was available, would give a potential TBV area of 630.

The problem would occur if TBV occupied this area and then greater segregation was deemed to be necessary although only one part is deemed to be required this time around for an Essex derby, so far.
A possible solution to this would be to only allow X block ST's to be bought for the section nearest W and for the rest of X to be match by match sale only then on the rare occasions that more segregation is needed then no ST holder would need to be relocated and match by match buyers would have to buy an alternative seat elsewhere for that game.

Just a suggestion but I think it could work.

I imagine X will all be standing like Stevenage and burton?

Will be be a cracking atmosphere

jnr

Tickets going fast:

East Stand - only 2 tickets left (both restricted view), although I assume Blue Block will still only be half full as they seem to reserve this for player and other comps. and it's never sold online.

West Stand -
X Block - still about half left of the block that is for sale.
W Block - sold out
V Block - 3 restricted view seats left
U Block - 4 seats left
T Block - 15 Seats left
S Block - 24 Seats left
R Block - 19 Seats left
Q Block - about 1/3rd of the seats left
P Block - practically empty!

South Lower - Good availability

South Upper - Only 8 non-restricted view seats left (lots on the back row though)

So with over a week to go, sales are pretty good all around the ground. Should be looking at a crowd in excess of 9,000 I reckon.

Nobody even mentioning the game on our forums, I doubt we will sell more than another 250 max but if we bring 1500 that would be a great turnout given our home gates and league form. We are now bottom of the league after last nights results, I hope Cowling is happy with the way he has handled this season, I am sure all of you are!
Personally I hope you stay up, the derby matches are brilliant and the guaranteed six points a bonus!

Lets make sure we fill it. This is THE game that all Southend fans should make every effort to attend.

Lets prove there is only one team in Essex by selling out the home fans tickets.

would rather we showed we were the best team in Essex by beating them.

We will sell 9k home seats and about 1500 away. I'd be amazed if the gate for this one is under 10k

Remind me C&P.... when was the last time Col Utd won? was'nt it way back in October?... October seems so long ago now.. (before xmas and even halloween)

Oh yeah it really was that long ago!!... 4 months later, and a new manager, new players? whats your plan? Cant wait for the Fleetwood V Shrewsbury game.. its a lose lose game for you guys.

Remind me C&P.... when was the last time Col Utd won? was'nt it way back in October?... October seems so long ago now.. (before xmas and even halloween)

Oh yeah it really was that long ago!!... 4 months later, and a new manager, new players? whats your plan? Cant wait for the Fleetwood V Shrewsbury game.. its a lose lose game for you guys.

As I said on another thread I think we are doomed in all honesty!

As ive said previously in another thread, I hope you survive by the skin of your teeth.. I personally love a derby game, but dont get me wrong, I wont shed a tear if you guys get relegated.

I say, I wont shed a tear... I may possibly fall off my chair through laughing my arse off... or worse still.. I might stub my toe on the coffee table celebrating whilst cracking open a bottle of Champagne! :smile:

Anyway back to the topic, no worries about us selling out, the club only opened up the X Block just 3 days ago, & we have sold 75% of the extra 286 seats already. So you shouldnt worry about a lack of support on our side.

As ive said previously in another thread, I hope you survive by the skin of your teeth.. I personally love a derby game, but dont get me wrong, I wont shed a tear if you guys get relegated.

I say, I wont shed a tear... I may possibly fall off my chair through laughing my arse off... or worse still.. I might stub my toe on the coffee table celebrating whilst cracking open a bottle of Champagne! :smile:

Anyway back to the topic, no worries about us selling out, the club only opened up the X Block just 3 days ago, & we have sold 75% of the extra 286 seats already. So you shouldnt worry about a lack of support on our side.

Yes I think your thoughts on us are spot on Matti. Most supporters like to play the teams they consider to be their local rivals but should that club fall on hard times and get relegated, it is a time for celebration and banter!

Wouldn't be totally surprised if the rest of X block is opened, possibly with Y and the club make it all ticket. Just a thought.

Wouldn't be totally surprised if the rest of X block is opened, possibly with Y and the club make it all ticket. Just a thought.
might be a bit tough that one as col u supporters have already been told they can pay on the day unless they make a very quick decision, can't see it tho:'(

might be a bit tough that one as col u supporters have already been told they can pay on the day unless they make a very quick decision, can't see it tho:'(

I'm going for 10,800 for this one. I personally can't see any less than 9k home fans and about 1,500 Colchester.......

Back