• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Would you start Loza?

• Yes

Votes: 108 91.5%
  • No

Votes: 10 8.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
out with the old in with the new. the old have been tried and failed, lets give the new lads a go , Loza and Williams,what we got to lose

Nothing whatsoever to lose. We are sliding down the table and the strikers are not scoring. Can they really do any worse? No, I don't think so at all. Give starts to both Loza and Williams and let's see what they've got.

out with the old in with the new. the old have been tried and failed, lets give the new lads a go , Loza and Williams,what we got to lose

Absolutely this....I'd rather we went "death or glory" in the final run-in....rather than just gently slide down the table without a whimper..

Lets go out with a bit of passion and pace and youth! Bit of explosive passion and desire to play. It's not the forwards that are the problem. Midfield do not create proper clear cut chances. But lets go out with a bang and not a whimper

I know obviously it can't happen tonight but I think Loza could work quite well with Corr. I've always liked a little and large strike partnership and would actually give Corr an option to flick it on to, rather than coming deep to control it, lay it off to a midfielder and then try and get himself back in an area to get on the end of a cross.

Tonight, I'd start with Loza and Barnard. Credit where it's due, Barnard probably had his best game since returning on Friday night.

I know obviously it can't happen tonight but I think Loza could work quite well with Corr. I've always liked a little and large strike partnership and would actually give Corr an option to flick it on to, rather than coming deep to control it, lay it off to a midfielder and then try and get himself back in an area to get on the end of a cross.

Tonight, I'd start with Loza and Barnard. Credit where it's due, Barnard probably had his best game since returning on Friday night.

Indeed, annoying that Corr isnt available as would be the perfect partner. Then if Corr hadnt been suspended I wonder if we would have got him in ?

Lets go out with a bit of passion and pace and youth! Bit of explosive passion and desire to play. It's not the forwards that are the problem. Midfield do not create proper clear cut chances. But lets go out with a bang and not a whimper

Agreed.

I would certainly start him, there isn't any point him being here otherwise and hopefully the rest of the team will raise their game.

It's certainly Death or Glory time so let's see what these young lads are capable of, who knows, they may play an important part next season.

Defo.

No point bringing the lad in to sit on the bench.

Our current crop of strikers are failing miserably, so we need to give it one last shot to salvage what could be a disastrous end to the season.

I've not managed to get to a game for a couple of months but is it the strikers failing to take their chances or the midfield not giving the service that's the problem?

Start Loza with Barney.
At least when he came on on Friday. He got in the box.
Its Death or Glory tonight just go for it.
I can see Hurst linking up well with Loza.
But especially Bazza when he returns!!

To me we are not creating hardly any chances, and the midfield are defending well, but playing to deep.
Hurst has shown some signs of his previous self.
What also has happened is teams have done there homework and target Ryan when he makes those surging runs.
They will take a booking and basically foul him and stop him running at full pace.

I'd go 4-4-2 tonight. Need all 3 pts. Barney and Loza, then Freddy and Loza. Midfield of Timlin, Lenny, Laird and Hurst (sub Atkinson, if Hurst carries on playing pants). Payne or Strakes as the impact sub.

I would play Loza up top with Freddy just behind as Freddy hasn't got the legs anymore but has the brains to put the right passes through to use his pace!

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back