• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I thought it looked awful and cut up really badly BUT i did see fewer instances of players picking up large sections of turf and stamping them back into the ground . So better from that respect

That's what I was getting at. The pitch did cut up, but there were far fewer large clumps being re-laid during the match.

Couldn't help but notice on that there 'Goal Rush' last night, the state of the pitches at Bury and Oldham.

Plus. we already know that Rochdale is in a terrible mess and I'm pretty sure Blackpool's and Bradford's aren't much better, meaning 13 of our remaining 16 games are on dodgy pitches.

The players will certainly earn their summer break after that lot!

Rochdale are going to re-lay their pitch this week, in time for the Spurs game next Sunday. In fact work started on Saturday night apparently. Maybe Pochettino's moans have worked....Or could Spurs have even funded it?

I see today that the new relaid pitch at Rochdale is described as a 'billiard table'. If it holds up to actual playing time I wonder why we couldn't do the same here?

AjGa4V.jpg

Gcgbps.jpg

I don't get that, how the heck have they laid a new pitch at this time of year - surely the roots won't take?

We could always do something like this.

[video=youtube;ZA6cbCe3vnA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZA6cbCe3vnA[/video]

Couldn't help but notice on 'The Big Match (1977)' this morning, the state of the pitch at Ayresome Park. Player's were still able to control the ball and run with it.

If Spurs did pay for it, then I guess it's a sound investment if they win the match or even draw it.

Makes the whole sorry mess that football is in even more apparent.

If every Premier League club/SKY spent one week's wages on paying for decent pitches in the lower leagues, then the whole of football would win!

If Spurs did pay for it, then I guess it's a sound investment if they win the match or even draw it.

If every Premier League club/SKY spent one week's wages on paying for decent pitches in the lower leagues, then the whole of football would win!

Surely they had a better chance on the mud

Just seen the costs quoted in some newspapers, too much money I agree. Maybe something in close season will do the trick. COYBB

After yet another postponement @ Rochdale, the decision to re-lay a new pitch was taken, primarily for the benefit of Keith Hill and his team. There is no mention of Spurs making any sort of contribution, why should they?

Why should anyone outside of lower league clubs contribute to the upkeep of their pitch? Surely it's the responsibility of the Club itself to maintain the ground and surrounding areas.

Back