• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Will you relocate to the North

Will you move to the North Bank?

• Yes

Votes: 33 26.6%
  • No

Votes: 91 73.4%

• Total voters
I’ve said yes, because I absolutely want to. The only problem might be if the family don’t all want to relocate their season tickets. The legroom would (I think) put Dad off and he couldn’t stand through the match.

When more substantial work happens in future years to that stand, and the legroom issue goes away, then I hope Dad and co will all be able to agree to move.

I did the North stand thing in my teenage years, 60s onwards with Clive Leatherdale leading us rabble in the centre back of the stand. As time went on I migrated to the West Stand and there I have stayed. My memories of that stand are fond but it's West for good for me, as near to the centre line as I can get.

I’ve said yes, because I absolutely want to. The only problem might be if the family don’t all want to relocate their season tickets. The legroom would (I think) put Dad off and he couldn’t stand through the match.

When more substantial work happens in future years to that stand, and the legroom issue goes away, then I hope Dad and co will all be able to agree to move.
Isn’t the whole point that it’s going to be a standing area and improve the atmosphere? I would imagine any work in the future would be to incorporate safe standing, not increase the legroom so people can sit down.

Isn’t the whole point that it’s going to be a standing area and improve the atmosphere? I would imagine any work in the future would be to incorporate safe standing, not increase the legroom so people can sit down.
Long term yes but short term it’ll be what it is now.
I wouldn’t relocate there as it is.
A shiny new, or significantly upgraded north bank would be something I’d be interested in without doubt.

Yeah that’s one of the options that’s been mentioned - which I personally like - and it might rule out the option for Dad. I guess it depends on how it’s implemented.

Some safe standing areas still give you the option to sit (I think it’s called rail seating or something like that?). Of course that’s no good if everyone around you is standing, but I think we’d probably be ok more towards the NW corner end of the north (but definitely still in the north).

I could well be wrong on that though and in that case I’ll need to wait to make my return to that stand.

Don't mind being behind a goal or in a corner for an away match but I prefer watching from around the half way line.

May well relocate for the occasional cup match

I did the North stand thing in my teenage years, 60s onwards with Clive Leatherdale leading us rabble in the centre back of the stand. As time went on I migrated to the West Stand and there I have stayed. My memories of that stand are fond but it's West for good for me, as near to the centre line as I can get.
Jeez, that's a name from the past, remember him from when I lived in Rayleigh around 1967. He had a van with a mattress in the back which he used to travel to away games!

Reactions: RHB
I wouldn't move back with the seating like it currently is. It was designed as standing only. I'm 50 and need to not sit side saddle these days ... mind you I'd love to look over from the west and see our boys taking it back again like the 80s

I would prefer the away fans out of the north bank. Personally i think its better to put the away fans in the corner bit and block x, that way Southend fans would have virtually all the north bank with no away fans in situ. Anyway it is step in the right direction and it will give the blue voice bigger presence interms of noise at Roots Hall. Yes I would probably go watch Southend games from that end.

Back