• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Why Beau MacDonald could not be selected on the bench for the Shrimpers

Cool. Why wasn't he registered then? It's not because we have too many players.

This torches and pitchforks thing is a bit rich. Anyone who even questions something since the takeover is shot down by people who won't hear a bad word said about the consortium.

It's a bit cult like.
Has no one thought that maybe the FA cocked up?

Was Helen Norwood ? Back in the day- she seemed ruthlessly efficient- not sure who keeps us legal now

John Harry Watson according to Companies House since the takeover, before him Patrick Van Der Waag until 2022 and Helen until July 2015 for over 15 years.

You would hope Tom would be on top of this

The takover is ment tp be a new dawn for the club .I know they have been in charge for a matter of weeks .But surly kevin and his staff must have known that a player is not regestered .So why didnt he flag up to the new chairman that a player had not been registered . This is not good enough .

The takover is ment tp be a new dawn for the club .I know they have been in charge for a matter of weeks .But surly kevin and his staff must have known that a player is not regestered .So why didnt he flag up to the new chairman that a player had not been registered . This is not good enough .
You make running a football club seem so simple

No but someone who has been in the managers job for quite a while now shpu;d know if a player is regestered or not .

He does know whether he is registered on not, hence why he wasn’t on the bench.

If he didn’t know, he’d have put him on the bench and then we would have been fined/docked points/suspended sentence or whatever…

He does know whether he is registered on not, hence why he wasn’t on the bench.

If he didn’t know, he’d have put him on the bench and then we would have been fined/docked points/suspended sentence or whatever…
Ok so wiyh such a small aquad Why was he not regestered so he could have been available .

Ok so wiyh such a small aquad Why was he not regestered so he could have been available .

That, I don’t know. But to suggest Kev didn’t know is factually incorrect. I know that doesn’t normally stop us on here though.

There would be more uproar if he was named on the bench, and came on, and we got punished for it.

That, I don’t know. But to suggest Kev didn’t know is factually incorrect. I know that doesn’t normally stop us on here though.

There would be more uproar if he was named on the bench, and came on, and we got punished for it.
The fact is he has been here for a while now, someone, whoever is responsible for checking players are registered should of flagged this up? It could have made a difference if we had of played of having another body on the bench.

The fact is he has been here for a while now, someone, whoever is responsible for checking players are registered should of flagged this up? It could have made a difference if we had of played of having another body on the bench.

I’m assuming it’s an admin error from our previous registration embargo. Nothing more sinister than that.

It could have, but my guess is he wouldn’t have come on anyways so it made no difference.

Like many on here I work for a multi billion $ company.
We are fully staffed , train intelligent people, and have procedures for everything.

And guess what- people still make manual errors

When reading stuff on here I sense some people have NEVER made an error in their life- can you send me your CV as we are looking for staff

Was Helen Norwood ? Back in the day- she seemed ruthlessly efficient- not sure who keeps us legal now
She wasn't that efficient. Her major gaff was allowing Mitchell Cole to be on the bench versus Man U, despite his loan spell at Northampton not finishing until the next day.

That's why he never got on the pitch and was ushered away PDQ at full time.

Would have cost us the tie if Man U had noticed and lodged a complaint for us fielding an illegible player.

That wouldn't have put her in Ron and Geoffrey King's good books, would have cost them both a new Bentley!

Last edited:
Like many on here I work for a multi billion $ company.
We are fully staffed , train intelligent people, and have procedures for everything.

And guess what- people still make manual errors

When reading stuff on here I sense some people have NEVER made an error in their life- can you send me your CV as we are looking for staff
People that don't make mistakes normally don't make anything. The trick is to learn from them.

She wasn't that efficient. Her major gaff was allowing Mitchell Cole to be on the bench versus Man U, despite his loan spell at Northampton not finishing until the next day.

That's why he never got on the pitch and was ushered away PDQ at full time.

Would have cost us the tie if Man U had noticed and lodge a complaint for us fielding an illegible player.

That wouldn't have put her in Ron and Geoffrey King's good books, would have cost them both a new Bentley!
Wow, I didn't know this! :Stunned:

Wow, I didn't know this! :Stunned:
All true I'm afraid.

Mitchell was on a months loan at Northampton. he played his final game for them on 5th November on the Saturday and returned to us, BUT the expiry of his loan was the 8th November, the day AFTER we played United.

Would have been some fireworks at the Hall that week if that had been spotted.

Back