• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Why Beau MacDonald could not be selected on the bench for the Shrimpers

SOUTHEND United were unable to call upon midfielder Beau MacDonald against Dagenham & Redbridge due to issues surrounding his registeration.

The Shrimpers selected just six substitutes for Monday's 2-2 draw with Dagenham & Redbridge despite MacDonald being fit to play.

But Blues boss Kevin Maher has revealed why he was not able to call upon the youngster.

Maher said: "He hadn't been registered with the FA on their site and until that happens he couldn't be on the bench."

SOUTHEND United were unable to call upon midfielder Beau MacDonald against Dagenham & Redbridge due to issues surrounding his registeration.

The Shrimpers selected just six substitutes for Monday's 2-2 draw with Dagenham & Redbridge despite MacDonald being fit to play.

But Blues boss Kevin Maher has revealed why he was not able to call upon the youngster.

Maher said: "He hadn't been registered with the FA on their site and until that happens he couldn't be on the bench."
Basic admin error. Jeez

Good for Beau. Hopefully he can have wasted day as one of the unused subs. Just at an age when all these young players should be playing 90 mins on Saturday they get to be 17th , 18th and even 19th man on long away days.

Not sure whats worse. The NL desperate to do all things PL and have 7 subs. Or the over reaction this week that we only had 6 v Narm.

Good for Beau. Hopefully he can have wasted day as one of the unused subs. Just at an age when all these young players should be playing 90 mins on Saturday they get to be 17th , 18th and even 19th man on long away days.

Not sure whats worse. The NL desperate to do all things PL and have 7 subs. Or the over reaction this week that we only had 6 v Narm.

Thankfully Beau actually spent the morning throwing up after doing some training with a local running coach that day.

When I saw the picture, I was glad he wasn’t in the match day squad.

Do we still have a club secretary. I seem to recall that this would normally fall under them. Bit concerning if we don't know which of our players are registered.

Do we still have a club secretary. I seem to recall that this would normally fall under them. Bit concerning if we don't know which of our players are registered.
I’m not sure that we do even though it’s a requirement of Company Law. I have been trying to change my address on the shareholders register for a couple of years now. I still don’t know if it has been done.🥴🥴🥴

But we do know which of our players is registered, hence we knew he was not. So we did not select him.
Never mind, at least it gives the 'torches and pitchfork' brigade something else to whinge about!

But we do know which of our players is registered, hence we knew he was not. So we did not select him.
Never mind, at least it gives the 'torches and pitchfork' brigade something else to whinge about!

Cool. Why wasn't he registered then? It's not because we have too many players.

This torches and pitchforks thing is a bit rich. Anyone who even questions something since the takeover is shot down by people who won't hear a bad word said about the consortium.

It's a bit cult like.

Back