• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sometimes I think people on here are a joke,
how can u compare cresswell and moshni.

moshni money grabbing scum/it's shows how weak our club/management is to have him back.
yesterday was a poor day to be a blues fan.

BBBC's hardly going to say "well it doesn't surprise me, we never wanted him back anyway" incase Sturrock decides to give him (another!) chance. You can bet your life his interview is a million miles away from what most players are thinking behind closed doors.

For what it's worth Barker & Phillips were laughing at his antics in the first half.

When he was playing I mean, not when he got sent off

I'll say it again
"I think those against Bilel and the decision to play him yesterday should listen to what Barry Corr had to say about this in his post-match interview (on Blues Player). I think this also blows out of the water the theory that his presence in the squad would be bad for team morale (the present team that is)"

I am a fan of BBBC and the tone and body language in the interview tells me that in this interview he means what he says. There was also absolutely no reason for him to say what he did unless it was heart-felt. Barry obviously felt that it was good to have Bilel back in the squad and for me he says this with conviction.

Sometimes I think people on here are a joke,
how can u compare cresswell and moshni.

moshni money grabbing scum/it's shows how weak our club/management is to have him back.
yesterday was a poor day to be a blues fan.

I am comparing the reasons for the sending off not their public life. You are the joke if you can't understand that

Cresswell says he lashed out after being elbowed / moshni kicked the guy in the chest as he can't time a tackle and doesn't think , the tackle was close to the halfway line no danger . What a tool.

davewebbsbrain get back to your cornflakes.

Cresswell says he lashed out after being elbowed / moshni kicked the guy in the chest as he can't time a tackle and doesn't think , the tackle was close to the halfway line no danger . What a tool.

I am sorry but you clearly know nothing, which explains your constant babbling. It does not matter if Cresswell was elbowed or not. He retaliated, raised his hands and pushed the player over, was sent off for violent conduct and is currently serving a 3 match ban. They are the facts and all that matters.

Mohsni was trying to win the ball, no matter where on the pitch it was. Possibly mis-timed but was the same challenge the Northampton player was making, both their feet were just as high. Mohsni was travelling but both players made the same challenge. If he hadn't made the challenge, the Northampton player had won the ball and they had gone on to score, you would be berating Mohsni for not making a tackle.

I had a bacon sarnie by the way

He was either going to score the winner or get sent off. There seem to be no half measures with the guy. His talent is there to see and I dont believe another club would turn him away on that score. His temperament however is suspect, but then that could be said of many players at a far higher level than this. Its his divisiveness off the field that could be a problem. Players are just people and if he divides the fans then he could also divide the dressing room and Luggy is the best person to decide if this is the case. His challenge was poor but honest but up to that time I thought he was the best player out there. In Luggy I trust.

BBBC's hardly going to say "well it doesn't surprise me, we never wanted him back anyway" incase Sturrock decides to give him (another!) chance. You can bet your life his interview is a million miles away from what most players are thinking behind closed doors.

AD, I think I'd really have to ask whether you have seen that interview, which I watched a couple of times this morning? I have to say that I was very surprised with the vehemence with which Barry defended Mohsni. In an interview where he came across with 100% honesty, he expressed his feelings without being prompted. I was surprised firstly, that he seemed to genuinely welcome Bilel's return and then went on, not to castigate the player for carelessness, but to state that his sending off wasn't down to maliciousness but to over enthusiasm. He even went on to suggest that, following his ban, Bilel could have an important rôle in the rest of the season. The only moment when he appeared reticent and unable to make comment, was when he was asked whether he thought that Mohsni would ever play for us again and that seemed even more to add veracity to his earlier words.
As most people on here know, I really believed that Bilel would never play for us again. Now he has, I certainly wouldn't discount the possibility (impossibility) of him appearing again. I think it was CP that used words something like, as far as Bilel is concerned, one can never say never. I am trying to remain philosophical about the situation (about the WHOLE situation) and am not inclined to jump into one camp or the other. I am happy to leave the decision making, especially as far as Bilel is concerned, in the hands of Paul Sturrock. He has his fingers nearer to the pulse of the club, supporters and players and I will respect his future decisions as I did for the one yesterday. I do wonder, however, whether a risk assessor could be more valuable than a therapist in his future guidance for Bilel.

If anything, Cresswell is worse than Mohsni. Mohsni's tackle was exactly the same as the Northampton player, Mohsni's connected, the other guys didn't. Ref was wrong to send Mohsni off, a yellow for each. Past sending offs have nothing to do with it.

Compare this to Cresswell who wasn't challenging for a ball but lost his rag and pushed a player over off the pitch. Violent conduct. We are now in this predicament because of Cresswell, not because of Mohsni.

Really? I sit in the West stand and the tackle was almost directly in front of me. Moshni's tackle was reckless and totally unnecessary. Yes both players did have their feet up - the difference is that Moshni came from a long way back, at speed and his momentum resulted in him planting his studs into the Northampton players stomach.

I have read a few comments that Barker, Prosser etc would have made similar challenges and that Moshni was unlucky. The simple fact that is that in over half a season and they have not yet in less than 30 minutes Moshni has recklessly dived into a challenge that did not need to be made. Luck has nothing to do with it.

Cresswell was elbowed in a 50/50 attempt to get the ball he did not need to be completely stupid and raise his hands to the guy, mohsni got sent off in an attempt to play the ball.

Hmm thought i heard the whole north bank singing his name

I can reassure you that it certainly wasn't ALL of the North Bank...... :winking: :whistling:

I said before the game that once the team runs out I would, as I have done for too many years, support the shirt and the men the manager has chosen to wear it. Doesn't mean I have to agree with those choices and idolise the men in them and sing their names, especially after they've, albeit very ill-advisedly, disrespected my team and thereby, by association me, and, extra especially after the support he got/we gave him last season

I feel robbed of the chance to see Bilel for 90 minutes.

Poor tackle, don't blame Sturrock at all for taking the risk though...the team reacted fantastically after the break which does bode well for Tuesday at least.

I feel robbed of the chance to see Bilel for 90 minutes.

Poor tackle, don't blame Sturrock at all for taking the risk though...the team reacted fantastically after the break which does bode well for Tuesday at least.

Hopefully(and more importantly)for Wednesday as well.:winking:

Really? I sit in the West stand and the tackle was almost directly in front of me. Moshni's tackle was reckless and totally unnecessary. Yes both players did have their feet up - the difference is that Moshni came from a long way back, at speed and his momentum resulted in him planting his studs into the Northampton players stomach.

I have read a few comments that Barker, Prosser etc would have made similar challenges and that Moshni was unlucky. The simple fact that is that in over half a season and they have not yet in less than 30 minutes Moshni has recklessly dived into a challenge that did not need to be made. Luck has nothing to do with it.

THANKYOU! Finally a sensible post, Mohsni came from a long way back studs-up and with excessive force. I can only assume that these posters who claim he was "unlucky" are as mad as Mohsni himself....

I said it before and I'll say it again, if as a referee I had failed to send Mohsni off I'd have been slaughtered. There won't be an easier decision for an official at the Hall all season. And as for those who say "that could have happened to anyone" not ONCE have I seen a challenge like that from Barker/Phillips/Prosser in the three years they've been at this club. Funny that.

THANKYOU! Finally a sensible post, Mohsni came from a long way back studs-up and with excessive force. I can only assume that these posters who claim he was "unlucky" are as mad as Mohsni himself....

I said it before and I'll say it again, if as a referee I had failed to send Mohsni off I'd have been slaughtered. There won't be an easier decision for an official at the Hall all season. And as for those who say "that could have happened to anyone" not ONCE have I seen a challenge like that from Barker/Phillips/Prosser in the three years they've been at this club. Funny that.

Wasnt at game and just saw it on iPLayer.

He definitely deserved to be sent off it was a ridiculous lunge which he ran 15 yards to launch into.

Any Mohsni apologists should try looking at it without their Southend tinted glasses on, if that was an opposition player they would feel differently.

As for the Cresswell vs Mohsni debate. Both let the club down with stupidity, difference is it was Cresswell's first offence and out of character whilst Mohsni was totally predictable.

In the laws of the game both Cresswell's and Moshni's incidents are demed Red Card offences,it's not about one being worse than another,lets face it if you call the Ref a **** you can get a red card is that worse than headbutting another player or spitting or punching,in the laws of the game thay are all red card offences,and the Ref on Saturday saw this as a straight red and that's it.
If Southend are unhappy about it then go and try to appeal it,they did this in prem recently and won the case,if Sturrock reviews it and feels it's unjust then fine go through the right channels,what ever happens he won't be available for the Orient game so lets just try and get on with the next game and get behind the poor sod who is going to play CB next to Prosser

Wasnt at game and just saw it on iPLayer.

He definitely deserved to be sent off it was a ridiculous lunge which he ran 15 yards to launch into.

Any Mohsni apologists should try looking at it without their Southend tinted glasses on, if that was an opposition player they would feel differently.

As for the Cresswell vs Mohsni debate. Both let the club down with stupidity, difference is it was Cresswell's first offence and out of character whilst Mohsni was totally predictable.

Fully agree with all above. Would just like to add though that in terms of the Mohsni vs Cresswell debate I fully condemn Cressy for what was a stupid and costly act. The difference though is that (as Jam Man said) it was Cresswell's first offence whereas Mohsni has had loads of incidents PLUS (and more importantly) Cresswell has sweated blood this season for Southend, where has Bilel been exactly? :thumbdown:

Edit: Anyone on this thread who incredibly deem Mohsni's "challenge" (assault?) to be anything other than red has clearly never played the game or officiated at any level.

Back