• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question who is your favourite moron and why?

Well let's face it, its true he the one who wants to spent money we ain't got on a ground that holds 22k that we don't really need, he could of stuck to real plans and built a 16k and used money on players that we need more then a massive half filled ground

well said bucket and spade who needs a half empty ground with a team full of loanees,and if anyone seriously thinks were gonna build a ground there dreaming cause martins potless the rumour i heard is martins looking at"ground sharing with gillingham so he can get his hands on the sainsburys money so he can start building"and "there's only gonna build 3 sides initially to save cost" and due to the current financial situation no 1 will lend money for building projects,and thats why we havent started building it and proberly never will, i heard this from a director at the club,martin is currently in talks with gillingham,so keep wearing those rose tinted glasses people,i should imagine thats why theres no countdown on this site anymore,lets see u all call him our leader then,i hope im wrong?

Well let's face it, its true he the one who wants to spent money we ain't got on a ground that holds 22k that we don't really need, he could of stuck to real plans and built a 16k and used money on players that we need more then a massive half filled ground

Well, like it or not, he's the one who owns the club.

As for the ground issue, I'd be intrigued to see the figures you've put together to back all that up and could probably take five mins away from licking arse to read it. In it, I'd want to see the revenue to be gained from selling the land at Roots Hall, the cost of getting 8,000 people in on a match day at Roots Hall as opposed to the projected cost of getting 8,000 people in to a much bigger but surely more economically designeed Fossetts Farm and the revenues from associated retail outlets on Fossetts Farm. You could then compare this to the current situation where we're pretty much at 80% of our revenue potential at current prices yet making constant losses in spite making a net profit on since Martin took over.

If you have it, projected attendances would be nice but only if you've got some sort of evidence to suggest we would get fewer or more people than we currently get in.

I presume as you've voiced opinions along these lines at Roots Hall - and therefore to Ron himself - you have most of this to hand. If not, why not?

As for you the back 3 rows of West Block W were some of the people who made you into the famous A-Team BENEDICT you are today so don't bite the hand that feeds you

Oh well, I'll have to settle for being less "infamous" then. I still think that chanting is moronic and shows a complete lack of perspective.

well said bucket and spade who needs a half empty ground with a team full of loanees,and if anyone seriously thinks were gonna build a ground there dreaming cause martins potless the rumour i heard is martins looking at"ground sharing with gillingham so he can get his hands on the sainsburys money so he can start building"and "there's only gonna build 3 sides initially to save cost" and due to the current financial situation no 1 will lend money for building projects,and thats why we havent started building it and proberly never will, i heard this from a director at the club,martin is currently in talks with gillingham,so keep wearing those rose tinted glasses people,i should imagine thats why theres no countdown on this site anymore,lets see u all call him our leader then,i hope im wrong?

Can you say that in English please

Agreed.

Been saying the same for some time now.

Ambition is one thing downright stupidity is anoher.

The truth/reality being the club will possibly NEVER EVER play top flight football and if by some miracle they ever reach the promised land it will be short lived.

Personally with some luck we could establish ourselves in the championship ie mid table or flirting with the drop and with the occasional tilt at the play offs yet whilst there i cannot see many crowds exceeding 15k.

22k stadium is wishful thinking in my view.

Can't understand this aversion to 22k. With the football boom and our growing fan base I think we should build as big as we (Ron) can afford. We will get some games we'll fill it. i.e. if we had our new stadium for the Man U game we would have filled it IMHO.
Plus the bigger it is the better the ability to move away from the moaners when the ground is less full. That's what I really miss with the all seater stadium. In years gone by when you were near a moaning ******* you just moved away. Now you are condemned to listening to their bollocks. I spend more time arguing with these brain dead idiots than watching the football. I don't even bother to go now TBH.

The argument of "we should be spending the money on players instead" always makes me laugh.

Anyone we buy is going to have a positive impact on the club for, what, 10 years at most? That's for a player with abnormal loyalty to us. 2-3 years might be nearer the mark realistically. That's what we're supposed to limit our ambition for is it?

Aside from that we're borrowing money to build this stadium. That same money for players would be borrowed. Toellandback is probably far better placed than me to shoot down the "wisdom" of incurring debts in an attempt to attract players you can't really afford and gambling on paying it back with the spoils of success.

There is some gangsta rappin' mo fo who sits a couple of seats down from Dave the Shrimper and DoDtS in the South Upper.

No idea who he is but he always shows me the back of his shirt as if trying to prove a point, then threatens to bust a cap in my ***. Strange fella.

I know who that is..... He posts on here, think his name is Ldnfasto or something like that ;)

very funny guys!

Agreed.

Been saying the same for some time now.

Ambition is one thing downright stupidity is anoher.

The truth/reality being the club will possibly NEVER EVER play top flight football and if by some miracle they ever reach the promised land it will be short lived.

Personally with some luck we could establish ourselves in the championship ie mid table or flirting with the drop and with the occasional tilt at the play offs yet whilst there i cannot see many crowds exceeding 15k.

22k stadium is wishful thinking in my view.

Everyone is of course entitled to their opinion but completely ignoring a counter point has to be a sin of some sort.

I'm honestly trying to get to the bottom of the cynicism.

PS, it doesn't matter how long I search for a corner on a circle

There's one in the West Stand, block U if i'm not mistaken. He nearly burst a blood vessel a couple of years ago because a linesman wasn't flagging the opposition players off side when they clearly were whilst their goalkeeper was taking goal kicks. I don't think he knew you can't be off side from a goal kick.

Yesterday he had a go at Stanislas for getting sucked into the middle and leaving Herd exposed. What he hadn't realised is that Stanislas had swapped wings, with Milsom moving to the left and Grant into the middle.
Stanilaus wouldn't know a wing if it stood up and bit him, so I'd make him right on that one. :)

I like it when southend get possession, and retain it in midfield and draw our full backs into the game - there is the distant roll of MOANing - and then we put another couple of passes together and it begins to break into the GROAN - and as we look for an intelligent
opening the BIG MOAN goes up GET IT IN THERE - and then we surrender possession with a rushed cross and they are happy as it proves them right - USELESS **** they shout.... just happy to be miserable....

This is definately a common behaviour in the moron. He hates it when we pass and demands some hapless long ball instead. Then he winges his arse off after the aimless hoof inevitably comes to nothing.

If we played like barca he'd have a hernia.

There was a moronic minority of Southend fans at MKDons on Sunday. No interest in watching the game, only there to solicit a row with stewards or the police. Aged about 16.

Surely if this is your aim, why have an expensive day out? Just staying in Southend and getting kicked out of the cinema would save them a fortune but give them the same buzz?

Theres an old guy in the East Blacks who sits next to his wife and always blurts out stuff, like a running moaning commentary. He wears a Shrimpers-Online fleece sometimes. Always can be heard shouting towards the dugout "Sort it out Tilson" about 5 minutes into each game. Yet strangely the other day he started having a go at other fans when Walker got booed coming on "Whose side are you on!!!!"

The guy sitting behind me at Mk dons swearing and thinking he was better than every individual player and Steve tilson. It doesnt usually bother me, but he commented every touch and movement someone bloody made!!!!

MUPPET!!

Back