• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question who is your favourite moron and why?

In block T in the west stand we've had to put up with one moron for several seasons. However he has become something of a institution and at least he turns up every week rain or shine. He is at least consistant with his constant "you're a disgrace linesman" and his ongoing quest to destroy the confidence of Walker and previously Harrold. I might even miss him if he wasn't there.

However the new moron who has recently arrived is just too much. He first appeared at the Oldham game and reappeared at todays game vocally sharing his thoughts with all and sundry. It's not that I don't enjoy pondering the nuances of football tactics in the post-modern age, but is five minutes at nil-nil the time and the place for "this is a disgrace Tilson". I fear that our two resident morons may have started their own competition to see who is truely king of the block T morons.

I'd like to hear from others experiences of their own personal favourite morons. I hope the views collected could provide valuable social scientific data that could be used one day to map the psychology of the moron. You never know our efforts could in the future help scientists end the suffering of these individuls and find a cure for this terrible affliction.

kind regards

applelover

Last edited:
In block T in the west stand we've had to put up with one moron for several seasons. However he has become something of a institution and at least he turns up every week rain or shine. He is at least consistant with his constant "you're a disgrace linesman" and his ongoing quest to destroy the confidence of Walker and previously Harrold. I might even miss him if he wasn't there.

However the new moron who has recently arrived is just too much. He first appeared at the Oldham game and reappeared at todays game vocally sharing his thoughts with all and sundry. It's not that I don't enjoy pondering the nuances of football tactics in the post-modern age, but is five minutes at nil-nil the time and the place for "this is a disgrace Tilson". I fear that our two resident morons may have started their own competition to see who is truely king of the block T morons.

I'd like to hear from others experiences of their own personal favourite morons. I hope the views collected could provide valuable social scientific data that could be used one day to map the psychology of the moron. You never know our efforts could in the future help scientists end the suffering of these individuls and find a cure for this terrible affliction.

kind regards

applelover

Daggeham Kev

some of our fans are simply barking mad, listed below is approx timetable of rants ect.

5 mins......francis your sh.t

10 mins....shake em up tilly

20 mins....get revell off and put walker on

25m......what the effing hell is clarke doing.

30 mins....this is bollocks

pure random drivel spouted by people who only attend to moan.

Last season behind the goal in the South Bank Lower we had the moron family. The dad's sole purpose in life was batter Harrold and when Harrold wasn't playing his goal was identify somone else he could have a crack at. To really emphasise the point he lived next to, or near, Lewis Hunt and therefore Lewis was God Almighty. And was keen to tell everyone of the conversations he'd had with "God" during the week just in case we didn't know that they knew each other.

Sitting behind him was a couple of older men. Everytime they dared to either

a. encourge Harrold
b. pour scorn in the direction of Hunt

they would be the subject of a tirade from our Moron. He really thought he was Southend's #1 fan of all time, ever.

To cap it all he thought he was funny. Sadly, he has misunderstood that being funning doesn't mean "who can shout the most bollocks loudly".

It got to the point after the Bristol Rovers New Years Day when my son (aged 10) said he wouldn't go anymore if we ended up sitting there, so we moved for the rest of the season.

kind regards

applelover

Tarquin? Is that you?

There is some gangsta rappin' mo fo who sits a couple of seats down from Dave the Shrimper and DoDtS in the South Upper.

No idea who he is but he always shows me the back of his shirt as if trying to prove a point, then threatens to bust a cap in my ***. Strange fella.

To cap it all he thought he was funny. Sadly, he has misunderstood that being funning doesn't mean "who can shout the most bollocks loudly".

I think this is a key point in our discussion. The thing that separates the moron from the character is wit.

Moron must learn that loud does not equal comedy.

I like it when southend get possession, and retain it in midfield and draw our full backs into the game - there is the distant roll of MOANing - and then we put another couple of passes together and it begins to break into the GROAN - and as we look for an intelligent
opening the BIG MOAN goes up GET IT IN THERE - and then we surrender possession with a rushed cross and they are happy as it proves them right - USELESS **** they shout.... just happy to be miserable....

I went in block T in the west for the first time yesterday and that bloke got on my nerves. Never knew about him before. Some of the stuff was funny but he just didn't shut up, it was the same rubbish. I think there was two of them. Mainly having a go at the officials and then taking the mick out of Walker. I suppose you get characters like that but he was annoying.

I like it when southend get possession, and retain it in midfield and draw our full backs into the game - there is the distant roll of MOANing - and then we put another couple of passes together and it begins to break into the GROAN - and as we look for an intelligent
opening the BIG MOAN goes up GET IT IN THERE - and then we surrender possession with a rushed cross and they are happy as it proves them right - USELESS **** they shout.... just happy to be miserable....

Thats what made a few of us laugh. We had a great spell of keeping possession ( going out wide, coming back in, going forward, out wide etc...) for about 2 minutes in the first half and a goal very nearly came of it when i think a cross came across from the right and it alluded everyone and went off for a corner yet people were moaning during the move as we were keeping the ball!

There's one in the West Stand, block U if i'm not mistaken. He nearly burst a blood vessel a couple of years ago because a linesman wasn't flagging the opposition players off side when they clearly were whilst their goalkeeper was taking goal kicks. I don't think he knew you can't be off side from a goal kick.

Yesterday he had a go at Stanislas for getting sucked into the middle and leaving Herd exposed. What he hadn't realised is that Stanislas had swapped wings, with Milsom moving to the left and Grant into the middle.

That idiot who started shouting stuff at Carlisle away last year, seen him a few time in the West stand last and this season too. I wouldnt miss his support if he never showed up again.

That idiot who started shouting stuff at Carlisle away last year, seen him a few time in the West stand last and this season too. I wouldnt miss his support if he never showed up again.

Well aleast he goes to the games and just coz he thinks differnt from you lot he a mug, there's a lot who think the same me for one and you lot think am a mug, but aleast I get of my arse and don't live on here licking eachothers arse and go to the games

And for the record it was me at Carlisle and that's all sorted and in the pass

Whoever started singing "we're **** and it Martins fault" and also "will we ever score a goal" erm actually yes you mug!

Well let's face it, its true he the one who wants to spent money we ain't got on a ground that holds 22k that we don't really need, he could of stuck to real plans and built a 16k and used money on players that we need more then a massive half filled ground

Well let's face it, its true he the one who wants to spent money we ain't got on a ground that holds 22k that we don't really need, he could of stuck to real plans and built a 16k and used money on players that we need more then a massive half filled ground

Oi! stick to the thread! This is about morons, not our beloved leader.

There is some gangsta rappin' mo fo who sits a couple of seats down from Dave the Shrimper and DoDtS in the South Upper.

No idea who he is but he always shows me the back of his shirt as if trying to prove a point, then threatens to bust a cap in my ***. Strange fella.

I know who that is..... He posts on here, think his name is Ldnfasto or something like that ;)

Back