• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who are the biggest team

I could of sworn I put Arsenal in there....

As Arsenal have never played outside of the top Division in the time we have been a league club (Thanks to the very lucky inclusion in the expanded 1st Division created after WW1 when they had only finished 5th in the previous season)

(BTW despite all the talk of a centenary at Highbury they moved from Woolwich in 1913)

Arsenal, Man Utd and Leeds are the only teams in the top two divisions that we have never played. Interestingly, we have never knocked a top division team out of the FA Cup and believe that we are the highest placed club to have that record......... Someone said that we hadnt played Villa in the league. I think we may have played Villa in the late 60's when they were a division 3 team, but may have been when we were in div 4.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimperian @ May 16 2006,13:45)]Arsenal, Man Utd and Leeds are the only teams in the top two divisions that we have never played.  Interestingly, we have never knocked a top division team out of the FA Cup and believe that we are the highest placed club to have that record......... Someone said that we hadnt played Villa in the league.  I think we may have played Villa in the late 60's when they were a division 3 team, but may have been when we were in div 4.
Villa were in the Old Div 3 for one season, we were in Div 4 but we did put them out of the Cup

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ May 16 2006,13:59)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimperian @ May 16 2006,13:45)]Arsenal, Man Utd and Leeds are the only teams in the top two divisions that we have never played.  Interestingly, we have never knocked a top division team out of the FA Cup and believe that we are the highest placed club to have that record......... Someone said that we hadnt played Villa in the league.  I think we may have played Villa in the late 60's when they were a division 3 team, but may have been when we were in div 4.
Villa were in the Old Div 3 for one season, we were in Div 4 but we did put them out of the Cup
We may have never beaten a top division side in the FA Cup, but we have in the League Cup.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ May 16 2006,14:02)]
[b said:
[b said:
We may have never beaten a top division side in the FA Cup, but we have in the League Cup.
Roy " I could have scored if there were two Peter Shiltons " Mc Donough !!!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ May 16 2006,14:10)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ May 16 2006,14:02)]
[b said:
[b said:
Roy " I could have scored if there were two Peter Shiltons " Mc Donough !!!!!
and Bolton Wanderers courtesy of a 2-1 win there and a 0-0 draw at Roots Hall when Mickey Tuohy missed the sitter of all sitters.

Back