• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future Where were you when you got the completion confirmation?

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Having spent most of the morning and early afternoon checking the official site and the zone. I had popped in to church to put the words for songs and hymns in to the computer for display for the service on Sunday morning.

The hymns were “Praise to the Lord the Almighty” and “O for a thousand tongues to sing my great redeemer’s praise”. I am not elevating Justin and the consortium to divine status but no doubt we are all over the moon about this news and incredibly grateful to the consortium for pressing through with this long process.

One of the more modern songs talks about dried bones being brought to life, and that feels quite appropriate when we know how close we came to losing the club. The final one was The Blessing and it talks about the blessing being for us and our children and their children and their children. Well let’s hope this action preserves the club for generations after us!!!

Last edited:
At my sister-in-law's retirement event as she leaves her primary school headteacher post after 27 years. Tears and sad faces everywhere. I step back into the shade, check the Test match score and then Shrimpers Chit Chat...... whoa!!!! Suddenly I'm the only one grinning broadly at this emotional event!!!

Had just finished a Teams call, glad I had as the cry of 'GET IN THERE' probably would not have gone down very well.

Outside the caravan at Elm Beach Caravan Park.
Caister on Sea. Great Yarmouth.
The whole site heard my Yess
Few decent real Ales this evening celebrating whilst watching a band atCalifornia Tavern in Scratby. Near Great Yarmouth. Norfolk.
Yesssssss.

I was about to start a team meeting from home, I put a Southend shirt on for the occasion and got a big cheer from a few baggies fans in my team.

Last edited:
Watching Essex and Suffolk Water finally finding where the leak was that was making our driveway very wet. It was on the pavement side and they were up to their knees in water after digging down - Their responsibility, not mine.

Back