• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, what a day.

@Awooga, if I'd got home earlier, I would have been with you. Maybe next time and thanks for the offer.

@CllrDanielCowan Thanks for your efforts today, I would imagine it was draining.

To those who think the Martin dynasty will lose everything... I doubt it. Their companies still own FF and RH. They probably don't have any personal guarantees. Owning limited companies means that any liability is limited to the company assets. It doesn't come back on the owners. As has previously been stated, Ron has nothing anymore. None of this is illegal, by the way. It's how everything works. People might bleat about the immorality of it, but if it were different no-one would ever start anything because of the risk.

So whilst the land value of RH is leveraged to it's value - that means no commercial lender will lend against it - the land with development potential is worth probably 10 times that. If it all goes wrong, Ron can just sell to developers and walk off into the sunset. The council can hold things up a bit (presumably until the next council elections when the council may change) but if there is no club to enforce the covenant, then they would I'm sure not allow RH to fall into disrepair and become a huge eyesore on the main route into the city. Plus they won't be dealing with RM any more. The whole picture changes.

The one thing that there has been little focus on is who is going to pay the WUP? Nothing else is really of relevance. If COSU pay it, then the club continues and we escape the embargo and a potential points deduction. If they walk away, we are gone. Finished. That's it. So when many say that COSU should walk away, that does mean the club dies. Everyone needs to know that. I get the weariness of it because of everything that's gone on, but there isn't even the barbed benefit of taking the Martin's down with us.

Ron will not - in my opinion - be offering any extra security because if he was prepared to do that, why not just pay off the WUP?

And let's just say they stick to the deal agreed today, COSU pay off everything and we crack on, what's to stop Ron and Jack saying on Thursday "Oh we'd just like to amend the planning application a bit." They can't stop them doing that and while it can be refused, it just delays matters.

The Martin family know that the club is massive and thousands of people will do anything to keep it alive. They have a huge safety net by owning the land assets and nothing to lose really.

In short, it's ****ing depressing.

Last edited:
RAT!!!!!!

78083475-12776957-image-m-23_1700603650550.jpg
C@nt of the highest order

Wasn't this the type of deal that bankrupted Croydon council and or a few others? If so how does this impact DD
No, they invested in very risky property deals in a different way. This is the same model that was agreed for the new stadium and for the last deal that failed DD. It failed DD because all the risk was pushed to us to maximise developer profit. We’ve been pushing some of that back and DD should tell us if we’ve pushed enough back. Ultimately we’re in the same position which is that we won’t sign a deal that fails DD.

This is what winds me up the most. Last night they were at 0 yards apart with verbal agreement. By morning it’s 100 yards out. They continually move the goalposts and take the **** and are allowed to get away with it, every single time.

By the end of the next day they have essentially gained 20 yards and have verbally “agreed” again. For how long though?…it’s the same old merry go round of brinkmanship, which they are masters of.

Keep doing this every week, appear co-operative, buy a bit more time, others covering your liabilities and they will be back at a Cllr Cox 2.0 deal eventually.

Sickening.
There is no more movement. This is it.

No, they invested in very risky property deals in a different way. This is the same model that was agreed for the new stadium and for the last deal that failed DD. It failed DD because all the risk was pushed to us to maximise developer profit. We’ve been pushing some of that back and DD should tell us if we’ve pushed enough back. Ultimately we’re in the same position which is that we won’t sign a deal that fails DD.
So assuming COSU do not walk, what’s next? Is it the review by the council experts and to revert on Monday? And the martins to supply HoT Tuesday?

Assume you do get to heads of terms, what stops the martins from changing it all again?

After what sounds like a roller coaster of a day where you must be mentally exhausted, to still find the time and energy to then communicate with the fan base is admirable as is the effort you are clearly putting into this deal. I hope you have a well earned glass this evening and I thank you in advance for your ongoing commitment to this nightmare we have all been living for sometime.
I might have a stiff one when I get home. I’m still in the office (been here since 7am apart from doing the school pick ups) and I’ve just been on the phone about this for the last hour with someone.

I haven’t eaten much today apart from a load of **** on Twitter 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back