• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

You know what, I don't even get that little burst of positivity anymore when things like CP's update appear. We've been here so many times before, the negative or positive updates don't mean anything anymore, the only one that matters is the one that tells us there's signatures on contracts that can't be rescinded. I mean would anyone on here be surprised if tomorrow morning its all negative again? I know I wouldn't.

It is hilarious how everyone on here has been moaning that we havent got it over the line and then somehow the mood gets even worse after CP tweets that haha. Seriously, its clearly moving forward and although there could be hiccups the fact lawyers are writing it up means its closer than ever. Cheer up everyone

I don’t doubt that this is an issue but it’s not RM’s biggest problem.

His biggest problem is that he owes millions and millions.

If he didn’t this deal would have closed ages ago. All the complications arise from the fact that he owes millions and millions and has no means to repay such vast amounts.

Part of the reason he keeps seemingly changing his mind will be because of his massive debts he is beholden to his partners and doesn’t have authority to change things (nor the intelligence to anticipate things). How many of the things he agrees then have to get changed because they don’t work for the Council, for CBRE, for Citizen Housing etc?

I still think he needs this deal.

I still think this deal doesn’t pass until it seems to first fall apart.

I just hope the delay doesn’t first kill the club.

Yes, he has borrowed millions of pounds and this has made this whole sorry affair harder then it should have been.

But, on more than one occasion RM has had a deal that would have sorted that problem out and he’d have made a few quid, but he changed his mind again.

Back