• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? Council / Citizen Housing agree new Heads of Terms 26 June

Just one normal ****ing day. Is it so hard?

Cheers Smiffy.

For some other folk on here, I didn't want to mention it before, but Cllr Cowan never said there will be no more negotiations. He said there would be no more negotiations if COSU walk away, and that in any event there needed to be a deal agreed by Friday 21st June. He didn't say it must be identical to the one sent to Ron at the weekend. The clear implication, confirmed by his tweet just now, is that negotiations on the Council's offer can continue up to Friday but no further.

Hence, Anna Firth's offer wasn't 'badly timed', a 'cheap stunt' or anything of the sort - it was a perfectly reasonable offer to chair a meeting from someone who has very clearly been a party to this process.

Anyone can chair a meeting of this kind - any one of us could do it if we were invited and we wanted to. So let's cut out the silliness, and at times plain nastiness, and park party politics on this subject please.

Cllr Cowan AND Anna Firth both want to do whatever they can to help.

Anna clearly could help, and I would personally plead with Cllr Cowan to not snub any idea which, in the end, may well be needed or might make a difference - wherever it comes from.

but I seriously think it is having an adverse affect on peoples’ health.
Speaking for myself, this long drawn out 'war & peace' scenario hasn't affected mine. Yes, it's been so frustrating nigh on weekly, but in all honestly did anyone expect an easy deal knowing the Rat's complex web of dealings over the last 2 decades?.

Thought it was a take it or leave it offer now there negotiating what a load of bollocks this all is
Yes but I looked back over all the statements/conversations and this wasn’t the case. SCC have made clear what it needs to look like and the red lines but it’s for the developers to make it work- and by the sounds of it they are negotiating on the basis that Friday is the deadline by which it needs to be agreed…

This will be an absolute ****fest of a statement from Ron. bring on 6pm tomorrow
It's possible that a statement won't be released until after 6pm which may affect the numbers present?.
I asked the question on Saturday about why Friday's protest is at Leigh Station.? I've yet to have a reply??.

It's possible that a statement won't be released until after 6pm which may affect the numbers present?.
I asked the question on Saturday about why Friday's protest is at Leigh Station.? I've yet to have a reply??.
it says...

"Friday 21st June 6pm Leigh station (Tom Martin)"

Amazingly just about everyone on here has bought into the concept that this coming Friday is a final deadline. Frankly I don’t believe that for a moment. I do believe COSU will walk if talks are not going in the right direction.

Fully expecting another statement confirming positive developments, talks continuing blah blah blah.

If it is a statement from Ron, I'd be curious to see what channels this is done through.

Surely won't be on the club website as he's not running the club- yes still owns it.

Is that a prepared statement to either the Echo or more likely BBC Essex, or potentially a phone in.

I would imagine his kink with Talksport has concluded

Cheers Smiffy.

For some other folk on here, I didn't want to mention it before, but Cllr Cowan never said there will be no more negotiations. He said there would be no more negotiations if COSU walk away, and that in any event there needed to be a deal agreed by Friday 21st June. He didn't say it must be identical to the one sent to Ron at the weekend. The clear implication, confirmed by his tweet just now, is that negotiations on the Council's offer can continue up to Friday but no further.

Hence, Anna Firth's offer wasn't 'badly timed', a 'cheap stunt' or anything of the sort - it was a perfectly reasonable offer to chair a meeting from someone who has very clearly been a party to this process.

Anyone can chair a meeting of this kind - any one of us could do it if we were invited and we wanted to. So let's cut out the silliness, and at times plain nastiness, and park party politics on this subject please.

Cllr Cowan AND Anna Firth both want to do whatever they can to help.

Anna clearly could help, and I would personally plead with Cllr Cowan to not snub any idea which, in the end, may well be needed or might make a difference - wherever it comes from.
Agreed. More info in the last hour and I make you right.

Back