• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Ron’s in a lot more trouble than he’s letting on. It’s a miracle he’s not behind bars right now. You don’t have to believe me but just wait and see what transpires
You’re talking all this up. Give us some evidence/facts. You pop up with doom and gloom every time there is good news.

Time to put your money where your mouth is, or pipe down.

Ron’s in a lot more trouble than he’s letting on. It’s a miracle he’s not behind bars right now. You don’t have to believe me but just wait and see what transpires
I don't doubt that. But it has no impact on what has just happened. The 20 million has already been reduced, and I don't think COSU have much confidence in getting any of it. COSU will own the club by the end of the week.

So given the comments that it would have been done today if Ron hadn’t woken in a bad mood. And assume that he wakes up to breakfast in bed with an extra rasher of bacon do we expect that the lawyers get this over the line tomorrow?

How quickly would the embargo be lifted? are we talking a few days?
It depends why the embargo is in place. Originally it was thought because of the WUP - but it took a long time after the WUP for the NL to issue the embargo - and if it was WUP then it should have been lifted by now*.

If it's for failing to comply with FRI - then the rules say 7 days after we submit the necessary paperwork**.

If it's for something else - then who knows!!

*it's possible it was for WUP - embargo was lifted and simultaneously put back on for FRI infringement

**I'm not sure if we could submit paperwork in advance of takeover to say this is the position subject to takeover - and then the clock starts ticking earlier?

I agree with some other posters. It's good news which indicates we are finally reaching the finishing line but we have been here before. When it's announced that takeover is complete and COSU are officially unveiled that's when I will have couple of beers and celebrate.

Reactions: jnl
So given the comments that it would have been done today if Ron hadn’t woken in a bad mood. And assume that he wakes up to breakfast in bed with an extra rasher of bacon do we expect that the lawyers get this over the line tomorrow?
Also, if that means it could have been done today, as in signed and takeover made official, that would imply it could be done tomorrow.

I just hope when we can all finally renew our season tickets there's more than 2 people in the office trying to process them all! 😀
Let’s hope the bills have been paid for the website so we can renew online again. It would be typical of Southend that we have to go down with cash to buy them from a table in the car park.

Anyone else so badly damaged by Ron that they have absolutely zero excitement from today?

It's genuinely nice to see so many happy posts in here, but I can still sense a spanner coming our way
Fair point. That malignant toxic rat could yet do even more harm to SUFC ……and the fans.
Until he has absolutely Zero connection to the club, the black cloud will remain …along with all the threatening negativity that even the sound of his name creates.

Underwhelmed. Until i see corner flag announcement. We've had so many up/down moments the last few weeks, let alone years. It's been draining.

Like we've been a goal down until suddenly at 95th minute an overhead wonder strike puts us level and a nodded back post header gives the lead in extra time. If we can just see out the remainder of this match and the ref's whistle goes...

Back